NVIDIA EVGA GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am trying to install OS X Lion on my PC. I have a copy of OS X Lion on a disc (not bootable, just install) and saved to a hard drive. I recently built a PC with these specs: Asus p8z77 LX motherboard, Kingston 8gb (4x2) ram ( i think its hyper x series), seagate barricuda 500gb (FOR THIS ATTEMPT, I AM TESTING IF HACKINTOSH WORKS USING A SAMSUNG 80gb drive MODEL # HD080HJ/P), intel quad core i5 3400, nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti graphics card with some random (super rite master) cd/dvd drive. I also have access to a mac (where i got lion from).

My main question is how do I install Lion on the pc? i have looked at a couple tutorials and they seem to be confusing me or they are about *upgrading* to lion. If you guys can post some links that show me exactly how to install Lion as well as what software I will need. Relating to Multibeast, can someone tell me which options would be best for my build Finally, can someone let me know if my motherboard is compatible with Hackintosh (it has UEFI BIOS) ?

Thanks a lot, and please understand that I do not have a lot of experience and trying to do this (first time doing something like this).

Hello,

I am trying to install OS X Lion on my PC. I have a copy of OS X Lion on a disc (not bootable, just install) and saved to a hard drive. I recently built a PC with these specs: Asus p8z77 LX motherboard, Kingston 8gb (4x2) ram ( i think its hyper x series), seagate barricuda 500gb (FOR THIS ATTEMPT, I AM TESTING IF HACKINTOSH WORKS USING A SAMSUNG 80gb drive MODEL # HD080HJ/P), intel quad core i5 3400, nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti graphics card with some random (super rite master) cd/dvd drive. I also have access to a mac (where i got lion from).

My main question is how do I install Lion on the pc? i have looked at a couple tutorials and they seem to be confusing me or they are about *upgrading* to lion. If you guys can post some links that show me exactly how to install Lion as well as what software I will need. Relating to Multibeast, can someone tell me which options would be best for my build Finally, can someone let me know if my motherboard is compatible with Hackintosh (it has UEFI BIOS) ?

Thanks a lot, and please understand that I do not have a lot of experience and trying to do this (first time doing something like this).
You need a Mac or a running PC with OS X to follow this guide:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html

Hello,

jspartan

As GB has mentioned you will need a Mac - now you did mention that you have a Mac that you downloaded the Lion Install File to from Apple's App Store.

Having this file on a CD is not going to work - whats needed it or it should be - still in the Applications folder -

What needs to happen is that you will use a program for making a Bootable LION USB drive on the Real Mackintosh - so you will need to

download the Lion unibeast program and this will find the LION install file - and then make the thumb drive - of course you will need to make or prep the thump drive as a part of this process.

So we need a 8 GB USB 2.0 drive ( not 3.0) - suggest a good performance USB 2.0 drive - one reads and writes speeds that are high.

See this site for instruction and the procedure to make the UniBeast thumb drive

www.unibeast.com has a procedure to make it and also what you will need to do to install onto your PC.

Also you may want to look at this site for some idea of what you will need to be doing - WWW.multibeast.com

These are TonyMacx86 domains and the utilities they reference are in the Downloads

Whats needed to be set in BIOS ( the important items ) is AHCI - HPET and S3

As to the Samsung Drive working w OSX - as this is a SATA drive and its more of the SATA Controller and whether it supports AHCI as this is the controlling setting.

Do remember that Google is your friend.

I'd just like to thank totenkopf4, cutzzz14, and Going Bald for their advice on making a hackintosh. I know this is old, but I had not used my account for almost a year until I tried to install Hackintosh again. However, I still appreciate your help and advice!

jspartan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back