Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GT 710
Hi.
My hack works fine, but i just updatet the osx and i get kernel panics with cpupowermagament.
I can normally make it run fine if i install from scratch and run multibeast and install the cpupowermanagement option.
Is there any way to install that from a command line without reinstalling osx?
what should i do?
Thanks a lot!:)

Hi,

you probably need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if your System didn't used one in 10.8.4 and now produces a KP in 10.8.5.

To install it, boot with the installer and copy NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to /System/Library/Extensions. Make sure the permissions are good (chmod -R 755 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext; chown -R root:staff NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) and boot with -f to ignore the caches. Rebuild the caches when you successfully booted your system.

If the above does not apply to you, post a Photo of the KP when booted with -v. If your system reboots and you are unable to take a photo, boot with debug=0x144 parameter to force the system to wait for a remote debugger after a KP (which will essentially prevent rebooting)

egrath

Thanks a lot!
I did this: cp -r /Volumes/BACKUP/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /System/Library/Extensions
And then i get this:
Read-Only file system...
Meh?

Meh. Decided to reinstall ML on 2 different drives and updated one and copied the Nullcpupower kext from the unupdated to the updated.
Solved.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back