Contribute
Register

Installing Chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Colin

Just answered the question in comments on the blog, but here ya go:

@Colin-
You're trying the EFI Partition installation right? You will need to issue the mkdir /Volumes/EFI command 1st, then issue that command. If that doesn't work, try the EFI Mounter app linked at the end of the EFI post. Good luck!

Hope this works- if you're still getting an error, I'm not sure what to suggest- I just tried this on my EFI and it mounted fine. :D

Ok I got it to work and boot with out the other disc, but it panics I'm assuming and I get this.

Attachments

• IMG00472.JPG
    IMG00472.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 452
Last edited by a moderator:
If you can still get to the desktop with the Boot CD, try installing Chameleon again to the Snow Leopard drive. Also, you can copy all of the contents of the Boot CD's Preboot.dmg (/Extra, DSDT.aml) to your drive to have the same as the Boot CD- that should work after installing Chameleon. Good luck! :mrgreen:

colinhb88 said:
tried 2 diff boot files. still does same thing

You may try a fresh install from the beginning- I'm thinking that Chameleon didn't install correctly. That's the only thing I can think of why you can boot from CD but not HD.

I got the same problem ... got panic every. Fresh installed. Finally i gave up on it since its all good to boot from the Snow leopard HDD anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back