Contribute
Register

Installing Big Sur 11.1 on new clover(5129) and new OC(0.6.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently at OS 10.15.7, not because I want to be. I have repeatedly failed to install Big Sur. I believe there is something wrong in the boot sequence on my harddrive, since I need to boot, os 10.15.7, from my installer USB. It will not boot directly from my harddrive. Both the usb and the harddrive are on the same version of clover,5119. any useful help is greatly appreciated.below is my system particulars

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.70 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 1037.120.79.0.0
Apple ROM Info: Apple ROM Version.
Board-ID : Mac-AA95B1DDAB278B95
⌘ Powered by Clover revision: 5119 (HEAD, commit 0f5da727e)
SMC Version (system): 2.46f12

Last edited:
For Big Sur fresh installation or upgrade, minimum boot loader requirement is Clover r5123 or OpenCore 0.61.

I first tried the few weeks ago with R5128, and most recently r5130. There seems to be some trouble switching boot loaders from r5119 (Catalina) and r5130 (Big Sur) during the update process. Is there a bootloader than works with both

I first tried the few weeks ago with R5128, and most recently r5130. There seems to be some trouble switching boot loaders from r5119 (Catalina) and r5130 (Big Sur) during the update process. Is there a bootloader than works with both
OpenCore works with both....I suggest you try with that instead of clover.

I have poked at Open Core a bit, I guess I will need to learn it properly. Any suggestion for tutorials?

I have poked at Open Core a bit, I guess I will need to learn it properly. Any suggestion for tutorials?

Very detailed guide. If you concentrate and read carefully, you should be able to work it out.

If I did then anybody can...:lol:

I went through the video and read most of the guide and it worked! Thanks Ben42

No, pngs show that QE/CI already work, seems to be ASPM compatible issue, try disable ASPM support from BIOS or add device properties as bellow.
View attachment 509242

pci-aspm-default=0, equal to disable

pci-aspm-default=1, equal to L0s, fast response but easy cause screen flickering, need DGPU fully compatible with mobo ASPM mode.

pci-aspm-default=2, equal to L1, best power saving mode but high latency and response is slow, should work with most of DGPU & mobos.

pci-aspm-default=3, equal to L0s + L1, for fast response and power saving mode, need DGPU fully compatible with mobo ASPM mode.
Where did you get this info. I have
* L0s/L1 Mode: pci-aspm-default = 259 [number]
* L1 Mode: pci-aspm-default = 258 [number]
* Disable ASPM: pci-aspm-default = 0 [number]
working in Catalina.
Are these values different in BigSur?

For Big Sur fresh installation or upgrade, minimum boot loader requirement is Clover r5123 or OpenCore 0.61.
Hi sorry to bump into this old post but for the G4400 which platform ID to use to enable vda decoder in Clover please your help will be highly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back