Contribute
Register

Installer stuck at "PCI configuration end" - [MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC / i7-9700K]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
integrated
Hello hackintoshians!

I have recently bought a second hand PC and I would like to install macOS on it. I am an iOS developer and would be good for me to work on a big screen rather than a laptop. However, I am really noob at hackintoshing, I just started yesterday (so I know nothing basically).

The system:
  • MBO - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
  • CPU - i7-9700K
  • RAM - 16GB ADATA GAMMIX D10
  • SSD 1 - Samsung 850 evo 256 GB, sata (has windows installed, I would like to install macOS on it)
  • SSD 2 - Samsung 860 evo 500 GB, sata (would like to install windows on it)
  • DVDRW (sata)
  • GPU - Nvidia RTX 2070

The problem:

As per title, my installer gets stuck at the "PCI configuration end" message. I read some posts from some guys that managed to get it working on the same MBO, but I was unable to succeed even when copying their config.plist (via CloverConfigurator).

Further, I would like to mention my system has an Nvidia RTX 2070 card, which I would like to use in a dual boot environment, in windows. In order to create the dual-boot environment, I was thinking to follow this tutorial (except the Linux part). I understand there are no drivers for it, so I would like to use the integrated GPU while running macOS (stumbled upon this article which I think it could be useful)

What I tried was:
  1. Run the installer with the GPU connected (monitor connected to GPU via display port) => "PCI config end" error
  2. Run the installer without the GPU connected (monitor connected to MBO via HDMI) => same error
  3. Fiddling with the bios options for CSM/UEFI => same error
  4. Moved the USB stick to all USB ports, both 2.0 and 3.0 => same error
  5. Disabled Serial(COM) port 0 from bios (see attached screenshot) => same error

My questions are:
  1. How can I get the macOS installer to boot?
  2. What is the best approach to install considering that I would like to use the RTX for windows (via DP) and integrated graphics for macOS (via HDMI), both being connected to the same monitor? Ideally I would like to avoid removing the GPU when running mac, but if that's required for installation it's not a problem.

Thanks so much for reading this, I am really stuck so any help is greatly appreciated!

Alex

IMG_4027.JPG
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_6193.JPG

Hey everyone!

I have an issue with the post installation. It seems that I can't get WEG to work on my setup, I still have the poor resolution and hackintool reports the IGPU isn't working correctly. I also want to mention that I don't have the dGPU installed, and I don't plan to use it with macOS, only in windows with dual-boot.

I was getting the HDMI black screen problem (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/) but I fixed it by adding the device ID and platform ID to the config.plist/Devices/Properties. Now the PC boots but WEG doesn't seem to work.

If I apply the hackintool patch described in the guide linked above, I get the same black screen problem again.

I've attached the EFI and both the config.plist that works and the one that doesn't. The latter contains the graphics configuration imported from hackintool. I didn't mess with the "Patch/Connectors" as it looked it was working the way they were setup.

I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong, could it be related to the platform/device ID? I exported the hackintool IDs (seen in config-bag.plist) and that was even worse...

Any input will help me a lot. Thanks!

P.S. Audio doesn't work as well, but I didn't have time to look much into it as the video was more urgent.
P.P.S. Occasionally, the optical drive makes a noise like it's just closing but it's already closed. It's quite annoying and I've read some cases of users that had the drive open when the system boots. In my case it's happening at random intervals. Do you know if there is any kext to fix this?

IMG_2134.JPG
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_2136.JPG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9 MB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back