Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I've tried to install Lion according to the guide, and with no luck at all. I get to a point where the installer "kills all" and shuts down the computer. I've tried all the various boot flags, but no matter what the result is still the same. I'm running a GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 motherboard, Intel core i5-2500k cpu, and a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6670 video card. Any help with this would be great!!! I don't get it because all the hardware I have I purchased from the customac list. So by rights it should work right?

Thanks,

Matt

I also can't install it... I get a kernel panic " no HPETs " whereas I do have them enabled 64 bit

Have tried chameleon, lionboot and iboot as well.

Either system restarts or give the above error.

MB: H61M-D2-B3
Ati 5450 hd radeon
4 gb Ram

I'm in the same boat...Installing Lion restarts the computer before I even get an Installer screen. I'm running EVGA 132-e758 SLI board, Gtx460 (which I can't even get working in Snow Leopard)

mannvicky said:
I also can't install it... I get a kernel panic " no HPETs " whereas I do have them enabled 64 bit

Have tried chameleon, lionboot and iboot as well.

Either system restarts or give the above error.

MB: H61M-D2-B3
Ati 5450 hd radeon
4 gb Ram

in bios under power option hpet=enable and 32 to 64

my HPet already was 64....still shutting down computer before installer even starts

try with different ram

I'm running OCZ Gold 1600Mhz...basically what you are running

I had to record the screen to see what was being posted as I ran -v from my Lion Installation Partition.

I was able to determine that after it went through my graphics card, cpu, and memory it then said:

Customizing SystemID with : (then a bunch of numbers)
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: Restart fix applied!
FADT: Restart fix applied!
Starting Darwin x86

and then the computer restarts....everytime

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back