i7 7700K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Please, anyone help me. "macOS could not be installed on your computer."

I tried a clean USB install; first boot no problem. Then, first install and restart NVMe drive. Second boot install i have the above error message.

Sorry for my English.

Sierra perfect working. What is this error?

Usually there is a more detailed error, such as unable to install firmware, or, osinstall.mpkg is missing or damaged.

Is clover up-to-date? is FakeSMC.kext up-to-date? Did you add apfs.efi to clover? Can you add a screenshot?

Usually there is a more detailed error, such as unable to install firmware, or, osinstall.mpkg is missing or damaged.

Is clover up-to-date? is FakeSMC.kext up-to-date? Did you add apfs.efi to clover? Can you add a screenshot?

Thank you for your interest.
Here is my config and kext files.
Clover v4220
apfs.efi in clover
high sierra.png
Kexts.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 213
Nothing in your config really stands out as bad. You do have a whackload (it's a word) of kexts in kexts/other. You can temporarily remove most of them, leaving FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext, see if you can get further. Sound won't work, and USB support will be minimal (use a USB2 port on the back on the top), graphics will suck and PM won't be there, but you can conquer those one at a time once you're installed. I would attach a single monitor to IGPU DVI/DisplayPort, inject intel, make sure you are allocated 64MB of VRAM to IGPU and have BIOS set to IGFX primary, remove all but those two kexts and see if you can get to the installer UI.

Are You Installing From A Usb
I tried installing USB. I also tried to download the installer from AppStor in Sierra. The result is the same in all.

Nothing in your config really stands out as bad. You do have a whackload (it's a word) of kexts in kexts/other. You can temporarily remove most of them, leaving FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext, see if you can get further. Sound won't work, and USB support will be minimal (use a USB2 port on the back on the top), graphics will suck and PM won't be there, but you can conquer those one at a time once you're installed. I would attach a single monitor to IGPU DVI/DisplayPort, inject intel, make sure you are allocated 64MB of VRAM to IGPU and have BIOS set to IGFX primary, remove all but those two kexts and see if you can get to the installer UI.

I tried all of them. I've just tried using fakesmc.kext. I really do not understand what it is. I have been using hackintosh since Snow Leopard's time. I am an experienced user. But I can not even think about it.

I use a Google translation, if I have a mistake, forgive me.

When i was running into the path /system/installation/packages/osinstall.mpkg on high sierra changed a few things in drivers64UEFI then the system went perfect see what happens doing like this picture

Same folder. only i add apfs.efi

Same folder. only i add apfs.efi
check the smbios definition in clover
used to be macpro3.x which is seen as too old of a model
try a newer ( i used Imac 13 ) which solved a similiar error message

check the smbios definition in clover
used to be macpro3.x which is seen as too old of a model
try a newer ( i used Imac 13 ) which solved a similiar error message
I tried everything. I tried different SMBIOS. I updated the BIOS to the latest version. I reset all settings. I created a new installation disc. I dismantled every piece that was attached to the computer. I could not do it on the line.

I removed the NVM disk. I tried it with SATA disk. It's not happening at all. After passing the first install it says 11 minutes on the second install screen and after a while MacOS says it can not be installed on this computer.

I tried everything. I tried different SMBIOS. I updated the BIOS to the latest version. I reset all settings. I created a new installation disc. I dismantled every piece that was attached to the computer. I could not do it on the line.

I removed the NVM disk. I tried it with SATA disk. It's not happening at all. After passing the first install it says 11 minutes on the second install screen and after a while MacOS says it can not be installed on this computer.
You're still using the config from your first post? It has a lot of patches in it that you've added that may no longer be valid. Sound patches, icon patch, usb patches. I would suggest disabling or removing anything from the config that is not vanilla to try to get to a booting but broken desktop.

If you tried installing from a usb, did you install clover to the usb too? did you modify it's config.plist or accept the vanilla config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back