Contribute
Register

Installer Loading Screen Gets Stuck After [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] And Other Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Help! Installer Loading Screen Gets Stuck After [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] And Other Issues

Hello :)
I'm panicking a bit (and i'm sorry for that).
I need to create a double-boot computer with windows 8.1 (for gaming) and Mac OS X 10.10.2, for working.
As a result i purchased some parts that could make me able to "create" both systems and i already installed my windows 8.1 disk without issues.
Here's my configuration.

- Seasonic SG12 750 WATT PSU
- MSI Z97 Gaming 5
- Intel Core i7 4790K 4.00 GHz
- Gigabyte GTX 980 Gaming G1 4 GB
- 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133 MHz
- SSD (For mac os X) Crucial M550 240 GB

I created the usb drive with unibeast, without issues and set up the bios accordingly following this guide on the site.
(the general guide also mentions the "Set os to other" and "Disable safe boot", but i can't find those in my MSI bios)
Everything OK until the first Chimera boot screen, where i hit USB (with the yosemite logo) and the grey apple logo appears alongside a grey progress bar.
Unfortunately the bar stops at the same place every time.
I used "-v" in the boot screen to see the lines of code and i found out it crashes right after this line of code:
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
After some research i found out it is a "graphics issue", but i tried all the solutions i could read without results.

- Using -v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 (i even tried using all the first 4 ones in the same line).

- Changing USB Ports in which to plug the unibeast drive (a few users managed to solve the issue this way)

But nothing. same issue.

Now i have some questions that i'd really like you to answer (they'd help me to calm down)

1- I have installed this with the GTX 980 plugged in. I have somehow read that the graphics card should be disabled somehow. Might this be causing the issue? In that case how can i disable the card during the installation only and then re-enable it both for my windows 8.1 and Mac Os X? (if possible i'd like to keep the card istelf plugged...my case interior has a precarious balance and i'd love to move as few things as possible)

2- Can i set the windows hard drive as first in my boot queue and then acess mac osx (when i need it) by using the standard boot menu of the motherboard, without skipping the whole chimera double boot setup? Even after reading the guide i still can't figure out how to set it up, and it looks like it slows down the loading and boot times quite a lot.

3- Does the installing procedure change something in the computer or (in case of failure) is removing the OS X to be drive enough to completely delete the process

Sorry for the paranoia but i spent years gathering up the money to buy this computer and i'm really worried i could damage something (specially considering i put performance over everything, specially in gaming.)

Thanks a lot.

Try using nv_disable=1 to boot to temporarily disable the gpu.

You won't damage hardare by installing OS X!

Also make sure you are using a digital connection to your monitor not VGA.

Its a lot easier to do this without having the GPU in the machine. Try using the onboard graphics to install with (change BIOS settings) You may want to booting with nv_disable=1 and see if that allows you to get into the installer properly.

This is the best guide to installing the required drivers for the new Maxwell CPU cards:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...am-new-gigabyte-750-ti-2gb-graphics-card.html

Its a lot easier to do this without having the GPU in the machine. Try using the onboard graphics to install with (change BIOS settings) You may want to booting with nv_disable=1 and see if that allows you to get into the installer properly.

This is the best guide to installing the required drivers for the new Maxwell CPU cards:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...am-new-gigabyte-750-ti-2gb-graphics-card.html

Ok, i'll try using nv_disable.
If it doesn't work i'll remove the card.
(i'll give you the updates later).

By the way, could the issue be this simple? I really hope so.

p.s. could you answer my question about the double booting? (if you want)
Thanks.

To re enable it don't use nv_disable-1 when booting.

You have a couple of options with dual booting, you could use the bios and set to boot to your Win install everytime. interrupting the boot when you need to boot OS X using the whatever button you need to change the boot option. ( usually f9 or f12 depends on the bios)

or

You set bios to boot to chimera and use that to boot to either windows or OS X. You should be able to setup chimera to automatically boot the windows install without user intervention.

Both are easy to set up and use.

To re enable it don't use nv_disable-1 when booting.

Oh ok, then after i install and turn off the computer next time i boot with OS X the card is re enabled,wght?

But i have an other question (sorry, i know i'm tedious...)
I'm still not sure about how chimera works.
When i have installed OSX (ignore my windows HD now) do i need to get to the booting menu every time?
I thought an hackintosh boots like a regular mac :/

Chimera is a boot loader, you need one of these because you are installing OS X on something it wasn't designed for.

You can set it to quick boot and not show the menu if you want, but all this can be done later, the important thing now is to get OS X installed. I.e Don't try to run before you can walk :)

Chimera is a boot loader, you need one of these because you are installing OS X on something it wasn't designed for.

You can set it to quick boot and not show the menu if you want, but all this can be done later, the important thing now is to get OS X installed. I.e Don't try to run before you can walk :)

Ok but

1- Chimera doesn't need to run with a USB stick every time...right? (once OS installed)
2- When i choose windows HD in the bios it doesn't load chimera at all, right? Anyway i'll try to install OS X again now ;)

Wish me luck.

You will copy chimera to your OS X installation and then you won't need the USB to boot.

Selecting windows via bios will not launch chimera as its on your OS x disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back