Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Hi, I recently purchased this:
- Core i9 9900k
- Gigabyte Z390 Designare
- 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
- Samsung EVO 970 2TB NVMe drive

I was able to boot up the installer, get my UI and everything. I was able to setup my partition (APFS) and everything. The problem happens when I select "Install macOS Catalina". I go through the steps, agree to the terms of services and select the partition I want to install macOS on. I select my newly-created partition on my Samsung EVO 970 (2TB) and click install, then the installer closes down and it returns to the macOS utilities window, where I can choose to restore from Time Machine, install macOS or use Disk Utility.

I tried to load up a terminal and look at logs. It seems like it's crashing with a segmentation fault right after I click Install, something about ReenableSystemIdleSleep. I tried searching for that but came up empty. I also see a lot of warnings (or errors?) about not being able to load some app because it's looking for an option saying allow-external-scripts=true. Should I be concerned about this?

Also, right after those allow-external-scripts errors, I see one more message saying "failed to check if a disk is fde"

Anyone else ever seen those errors and get past those?

Thanks.

I too am having this issue on my desktop build Skylake i7-6700k z170x gaming 5.
I have had Catalina on this build before but it seems 10.15.4 has issues as Mojave installs fine.

Hi, I recently purchased this:
- Core i9 9900k
- Gigabyte Z390 Designare
- 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
- Samsung EVO 970 2TB NVMe drive

I was able to boot up the installer, get my UI and everything. I was able to setup my partition (APFS) and everything. The problem happens when I select "Install macOS Catalina". I go through the steps, agree to the terms of services and select the partition I want to install macOS on. I select my newly-created partition on my Samsung EVO 970 (2TB) and click install, then the installer closes down and it returns to the macOS utilities window, where I can choose to restore from Time Machine, install macOS or use Disk Utility.

I tried to load up a terminal and look at logs. It seems like it's crashing with a segmentation fault right after I click Install, something about ReenableSystemIdleSleep. I tried searching for that but came up empty. I also see a lot of warnings (or errors?) about not being able to load some app because it's looking for an option saying allow-external-scripts=true. Should I be concerned about this?

Also, right after those allow-external-scripts errors, I see one more message saying "failed to check if a disk is fde"

Anyone else ever seen those errors and get past those?

Thanks.
When you try and install at the macOS utilities screen do you see a battery icon? I do and I think this may have something to do with the issue.

I don't recall seeing a battery icon. I can take another look though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back