i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After dealing with random issues with my Nvidia 1080, I finally decided to take the plunge and swap my card over to a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 in hopes that it would solve the last few issues with my system. Everything went pretty smoothly. I removed the Nvidia web drivers, removed CUDA, removed the Clover flag for the Nvidia web drivers, and installed my new Vega 64 card. Dual monitors are in use - both on display ports cables.

System boots up. Card is recognized. Everything seems to be working great, except now I keep getting random system freezes / crashes. The monitors go black/grey, and that's all she wrote. Not even the reboot button on the computer, which usually works, does anything. I have to literally hard-reset the entire system every time this happens.

I have Lilu 1.2.7 and Whatevergreen 1.2.2 installed. My Clover config is attached.

I'm having trouble finding anything related to it's cause in the console for some reason too. I've no idea where to go with this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 144
I have the same problem (Sapphire RX Vega 64), the kernel driver just seems to stop being able to address the device, everything else continues to work fine (audio, SSH in etc):

FATAL ERROR : ATIController failed to access PCI device [3:0:0]!
--> [3:0:0] !!! Failed to read register 0x130..

happens with no apparent reason, completely random, not even under load, sometimes just sitting there it will happen, sigh.

I have the same problem (Sapphire RX Vega 64), the kernel driver just seems to stop being able to address the device, everything else continues to work fine (audio, SSH in etc):

happens with no apparent reason, completely random, not even under load, sometimes just sitting there it will happen, sigh.
Hi, where did you get the error log from. Having similar random freezes with a Vega 64 but with video freezing on screen. Need to narrow down what's causing it.

Excuse me for writing I use a translator because I'm Italian
I have the same problem, it has more than 2 months that my compiuter is restarted continuously and is not stable
With windows and very stable
My Components:
-Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
-CPU intel i9 9900k
-Samsung MZ-V6E1T0BW SSD 960 EVO, 1TB, M.2, NVMe
-SAPPHIRE Nitro Radeon RX Vega 64 8 GB
-Corsair Vengeance LPX Memories (4 X 8 GB), DDR4, 3200 MHz, C16 XMP total 32
-Abwb 802.11AC Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0 PCI Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS for Hackintosh (Mac -Cooler Master CM 690 III Green PC Case 'ATX, microATX, USB 3.0, with Side Window' CMS-693-GWN1
-Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML240L RGB, Water cooling with Dual Chamber Pump MLW-D24M-A20PC-R1
-Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB Power Supply 850 W, Modular 80 Bronze, Black
Mojave operating system 10.14.3
Bios iMec18.3
Please help me

I’m also having this issue :/. Anyone find a solution?

just to follow up here, I solved this by upgrading to 10.4.5B1 ... works perfectly, no more need for VGTab etc, no more crashes, no more custom PPT, been running rock solid since beginning of April for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back