Contribute
Register

Installed Updated Nvidia WebDrivers, now won't boot - OsxAptipFixDrv Error - Clover EFI, GTX670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Rampage IV
CPU
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

So I recently got a system running pretty much perfectly using Clover EFI 3050, 10.10.1, Asus Rampage IV Extreme, 3930K, GTX670 & 2xATI 5870's

I updated my Nvidia Web Drivers to the latest offering, and upon reboot I am instantly greeted with this error message

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library]CoreServices\boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no
efiboot loaded from device: Acpi(PNP0A03,0)/Pci(1Fl2)/SATA(1,FFFF)/HD(Part2,SigA
CE9B29F-8E03-41D7-9CA3-28C01B30A886
boot file path: System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
root device uuid is '94703CB3-64DF-3D3E-BCAD-7938A75A9D56'
OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block
Requested mem: 43B4000 - 167F5FFF, Pages 12442, Size 12442000
Relic block: 60CF0000 - 77126FFF, Pages 16437, Size 16437000
Relic block can handle me requests: 0 - 16436FFF
Exiting in 30 secs...
Error allocating 0x12442 pages at 0x000000000043b4000 alloc type 2
Couldn't allocate runtime area
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting....

And then when I press a key, it goes back to clover boot screen

My current boot flags are :

npci=0x2000 dart=0 darkwake=10 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

I have tried booting with various other flags, nvda_drv=0, nv_disable=1, WithKexts

I have tried booting Without Caches, single user mode, safe mode, everything. I can't get anything to boot

I CAN however, boot just fine into the Recovery Partition using my regular boot flags

So.. I need to figure out how to boot into my system, or how to remove Nvidia web drivers via Command Line in Recovery Mode, since I can't access single user mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey again,

After some more tinkering around, I think I solved my issue, and I wanted to post the solution here.

I took a look at the Clover3050 Install package and noticed that there was a OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi file as well, so grabbed a copy of that file, put it on a thumb drive, and was able to boot into Recovery Mode and use terminal to remove the original OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in /CLOVER/BOOT/drivers64UEFI/ and replace with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

It seemed to boot right after that. Nvidia preference pain shows the Original OS X drivers loaded, but looking in System Profiler/Extensions/ it shows that NVDAResmanWeb is loaded

Hey,
I have the same issue!
Do you think i will solve this, when I installing at the beginning OSXAptioFixdrv2 instead of OSXAptioFixDrv at the Clover Installer?!

Thank you!

Remove OSXAptioFixDrv.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ from your EFI Partition. Then install the OSXAptioFixdrv2.efi with the help CC (Clover Configurator).

But I can't boot into OS X Yosemite.
I create an Installer again with Clover and all the stuff, then I reinstalled Yosemite and then I delete the OsxAptioFixDrv and replacing this with OsxAptioFixDrv2 ?!

But I can't boot into OS X Yosemite.
I create an Installer again with Clover and all the stuff, then I reinstalled Yosemite and then I delete the OsxAptioFixDrv and replacing this with OsxAptioFixDrv2 ?!

Boot into OS X partition with your USB.

I can't boot with my USB-Installer. Now I reinstalling Yosemite and when I install Clover on my SSD I install OsxAptioFix2Drv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv, I hope it works! :)

EDIT: Now it loads 1/4 then it reboots and it does everytime...when i boot from the usb it does the same. :(

I'm having this issue randomly too. Sometimes if I just hit space bar and say "boot using verbose mode" it takes off. But the "Couldn't allocate runtime data" or other page errors get chown about 35% of the time. I've tried multiple OsxAptioFix deals but so far haven't found any magic. I originally thought this was more prone to error when using a XMP/Overclock profile but its hard to say.

I'm having a similar issue with my web drivers - the installation froze my computer at the very last bit, while it was "Registering components..." and now my hackintosh will not boot. I can occasionally get it to boot by using nv_disable=1 as OP did here, but not always.

Does anyone have any idea how to manually remove the NVIDIA web drivers? I have a backup of my system right before I did the install, if that helps.

I'm running 10.10.4 with Chimera, so different from OP above.

Hello,

I have the same error. Everything used to work very well with Sierra but then since yesterday when I boot I get the following message:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library]CoreServices\boot.efi
Using relic block: yes, hibernate wake: no
OsxAptipFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block
Requested mem: C67A000 - F1BAFFF, Pages: 2B41, Size: 2B41000
Reloc block:: C069D000 - CE0DBFFF, Pages: DA3F, Size: DA3F000
Reloc block can handle mem request: 0 - DA3EFFF
Exiting in 30 secs ...
Error allocating 0x2b41 pages at 0x000000000c67a000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting....

This is really frustrating as everything used to work pretty well and I don't remember doing something that would affect my hackintosh boot.

Anyway, I can't boot in recovery so I boot in a linux rescue usb stick and mount the hackintosh EFI partition.
I try to remove OSXAptioFixDrv.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ from my EFI Partition and put the OSXAptioFix2Drv.efi instead but then when I boot it seems to go a little further in the boot operation, but then it freeze and the characters on the screen become unreadable and there is a half crossed circle icon in the center of the screen.

If anyone can help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back