Contribute
Register

Installed Ubuntu 12.10, How to Write Chimera over GRUB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B450M-DS3H
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I upgraded my dual boot to Ubuntu 12.10, and now when my PC boots it goes to grub with a long list of options, and when selecting the Mac Option it fails because of the missing commands I have in Chimera. How can I make it to where I see Chimera with the option of Ubuntu and OSX. I've tried reinstalling chimera a couple of times with no result. :cry:

I am using a GUID Formatted Drive.

If you boot from a thumb drive that has unibeast on it, it should allow you to boot into MacOSX. Then, rerun multibeast and be sure to select Chimera. It should overwrite grub and you'll be able to boot Linux and OSX.

I triple boot a system myself personally, and it gets tricky if you installed a distro of linux like ubuntu with default settings.

I haven't found a straight forward way to do it - rather a tedious way. It required installing the default windows boot loader, and then booting into your hackintosh and then overwriting it with chimera.

Idk why Chimera won't overwrite grub and the windows boot loader will, but I do know chimera overwrites the winfail boot loader without any fuss.

You have to Make sure You load the Linux bootloader to the same Partition that you are installing linux to ( i.e. /dev/sda4 )
here is a very helpful Link
http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back