Contribute
Register

Installed Sierra from El Capitan, but does not upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5, VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Gr
Mac
  1. iMac
Please forgive me if this has been addressed. I have successfully downloaded Sierra from El Capitan. It installed. It restarted, but I still have El Capitan. What is the next phase of this installation? Again, I'm new to this. Please forgive me.

Please forgive me if this has been addressed. I have successfully downloaded Sierra from El Capitan. It installed. It restarted, but I still have El Capitan. What is the next phase of this installation? Again, I'm new to this. Please forgive me.

Did you follow these instructions?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/direct-update-to-macos-sierra-using-clover.201465/

It sounds like you selected the system drive instead of the install. Also, did you copy the kexts files? All I had to do was copy FakeSMC.kext and then after it successfully updated, I used the latest multibeast to reinstall the correct audio drivers.

you must update your clover to newer version r3961 and also put FAKESMC.kext voodoops2.kext updated on EFI//Clover/KExt/Others..

I had the same issue and am an idiot. SO I want to share my awakening here.
Instead of updating clover I made sure I was updating Clover Configurator.
Finally saw the light and updated configurator and now my system is updating fine.
I think I tried the update 6 times.
If you're like me and have a hard time reading clear instructions, make sure you update CLOVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back