Contribute
Register

Installed OS X Yosemite on DELL but SLOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ubuntu, Win8, OS X
CPU
I7
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
Hello,

I am really so new to hackintosh but after a lot of trying I've finally Installed Yosemite 10.10.1 and audio drivers on DELL Optiplex 990 PC (Intel I7, 8GB Ram).

Everything is now great EXCEPT the SPEED! I think it's slow, maybe the problem in:
  • Graphics Driver
  • Intel HD Graphics 2000

So do I have to buy new Graphics Controller? If so what is the best for my Dell 990?
Or my graphics driver isn't installed correctly?

GeekBench Results:
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/1625315

Thanks!

I've set my OS X Identify as "IMac 15" Retinia 5K.

The slow is in graphics, mouse move, and animations.

Thanks.

Here's a screenshot of my desktop as I think there is a problem in the graphics driver, because the icons and the dock size are big, my screen is 23 inch so the Dock should not take all this space of the screen!
Screen Shot 2015-01-03 at 3.00.59 AM.jpg

HD2000 is not supported in OS X. You need a discrete PCIe GPU. See the Buyer's Guide for recommended GPUs.

HD2000 is not supported in OS X. You need a discrete PCIe GPU. See the Buyer's Guide for recommended GPUs.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Do you mean Dell's Buyer's Guide? I have this pc since years and I don't have the buyer's guid now.

btw I've installed Intel graphics drivers by UniBeast and the Hackintosh version which i installed already has Intel Drivers.

Thanks.

Here's a screenshot of my desktop as I think there is a problem in the graphics driver, because the icons and the dock size are big, my screen is 23 inch so the Dock should not take all this space of the screen!
Go to system preferences and then Dock. There adjust the slider to change dock size.
GB is referring to the Tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, not your Dell manual. If your graphics
acceleration is slow just get a basic and cheap GT 640 or 740 for better graphics.

If your graphics
acceleration is slow just get a basic and cheap GT 640 or 740 for better graphics.

Thanks for your reply,
If I got a new NVIDIA Graphics card (whatever the model) do I need to install any drivers on OS X or it will work automatically?

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply,
If I got a new NVIDIA Graphics card (whatever the model) do I need to install any drivers on OS X or it will work automatically?

Thanks.
If you get any of the cards in the recommended list in the Buyer's guides for the last year or so you do not need anything else - all work OOB. Just do not get the "Alternate" cards - most of them still have no OS X support and need the nVidia Web drivers to work. Which sometimes are extremely buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back