i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
updated my high sierra 10.13.6 with public beta 2. everything is ok. all my apps work so it seamed a easy upgrade. only thing not working: usb3. this is important because some of my data is on usb3 disks. has the usb patch with usbinjectall changed on mojave?. can somebody point me in the right direction ?

10.14 Beta (18A326g)

Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Find: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00

Replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90

USBinjectall.kext wont work without the patch?

What RehabMan said...
I did my SSDT-USB two years ago when I built my hack. I have never lost USB due to a system update all the way to Mojave.
It is well worth the time and effort to learn to make the SSDT for your system.

Thanks. So to make it clear, USBInjectall.kext is doing nothing without the patches?

USBInjectAll.kext just injects the ports as determined by configuration.
What the system does with those injected ports is not related to USBInjectAll.kext itself.

You should read and follow the guide carefully.

I had the same problem tho. After changing my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 (because of issues with Quicklook and Preview and stuff) i lost all my USB3 ports except 1 because of the port limit. UsbInjectAll gets loaded, according to terminal, but ignores my configured SSDT and all ports get injected. I believe it was working fine with beta 3 and 18,3 SMBIOS before...

I had the same problem tho. After changing my SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 (because of issues with Quicklook and Preview and stuff) i lost all my USB3 ports except 1 because of the port limit. UsbInjectAll gets loaded, according to terminal, but ignores my configured SSDT and all ports get injected. I believe it was working fine with beta 3 and 18,3 SMBIOS before...
Have you checked UsbInjectAll info.plist to make sure that the same ports are in the iMacPro1,1 configuration? If not then copy whatever ports from iMac18,3 configuration into the iMacPro1,1 configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back