3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Have managed to install Lion over SL using xMove, no issues there.

Tried to look for AirDrop, its missing. Looked in Finder Prefs to see if I have to enable, its just not there.

Might be that there needs to be another computer on the same network with lion installed? Any light shed on this would be a big help.

Thanks

HW

Apple uses a whitelist preventing un-tested and validated wifi chipsets and setups to not even show the AirDrop features and configuration. For example my mid 2010 MacBook Pro works with AirDrop fine, but unfortunately my MacPro 3,1 and MacBook Air 2,1 doesn't. So it rather defeats the purpose for my use cases at home.

I cannot use or see airdrop on my late 2007 macbook :(

cwestpha said:
Apple uses a whitelist preventing un-tested and validated wifi chipsets and setups to not even show the AirDrop features and configuration. For example my mid 2010 MacBook Pro works with AirDrop fine, but unfortunately my MacPro 3,1 and MacBook Air 2,1 doesn't. So it rather defeats the purpose for my use cases at home.

if that's true that's just stupid by apple, my wife MBP mid 2010 the AirDrop feature, but my hackintosh doesn't have it, I hope Someone in the Hackintosh Comunity Can find a Hack to enable this.

yea, i built my hack back in SL and it was on my network, no need for wireless. Now, since AirDrop needs wireless, and doesn't work over LAN, i guess ill go out and buy a new wireless card for my hack..

Or maybe someone can figure out how to hack in and make it work over LAN.. that would be Super huge

This should do it:

open terminal

type the following command:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

restart

and wuala (not to be associated with the swiss company)

Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back