Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It looks like I can't keep myself away from trouble. :(
I tried installing linux in the same disc as Mac OS. The installation went fine, and I rebooted to find that the linux partition wasn't listed on chameleon. I read that I had to install grub, so I marked the linux partition active using Gparted. After reboting, I could only get to a screen that showed

Loading Operating System ...
_

with a command prompt waiting for something. So, I booted gparted again, made the Mac os partition the active one and I get the same screen. Tried the iBoot cd and the partition isn't listed.
So, I booted win7 that's in another disc and it tells me that the mac drive needs to be formated to be used. I used to be able to explore it using MacDrive.

If it is impossible to solve the problem, at least someone please tell me how could I access the files on disc. That's what's important here.

jantunes said:
It looks like I can't keep myself away from trouble. :(
I tried installing linux in the same disc as Mac OS. The installation went fine, and I rebooted to find that the linux partition wasn't listed on chameleon. I read that I had to install grub, so I marked the linux partition active using Gparted. After reboting, I could only get to a screen that showed

Loading Operating System ...
_

with a command prompt waiting for something. So, I booted gparted again, made the Mac os partition the active one and I get the same screen. Tried the iBoot cd and the partition isn't listed.
So, I booted win7 that's in another disc and it tells me that the mac drive needs to be formated to be used. I used to be able to explore it using MacDrive.

If it is impossible to solve the problem, at least someone please tell me how could I access the files on disc. That's what's important here.

Use gparted and mark the OS X disc active.

I'm pretty sure that's done already, but I'll check it again.

As I stated, it's already done. Also, even if it wasn't marked as active, it should be readable from windows, which it isn't.

Linux does not like Guid partioning. I would not install both on the same drive. I have 2 drives, One with windows 7 and Snow leopard and the other with Ubuntu and and 2 different Files and documents partitions.
Which files do you need? If just the Mac files, I would use gparted and reformat the linux partition to hfs+ and install Snow leopard on it again. You should be able to see your other partition then, and recover any files that you need.

That's probably what I'm going to do Ray. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back