Contribute
Register

Installed High Sierra on my internal Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 & it won't show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi guys, I have a Z370 HD3 Gigabyte mb and a coffee lake i3. I installed High Sierra on my internal Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 & it won't show up now when the usb boot drive is now out of the desktop.

With the usb stick with Unibeast and multibeast it installed fine and I used multibeast then after it loaded I tried to restart and go into the boot menu but it loaded automatically into the usb drive and when clover came up the main SSD drive I just installed the software on does not show up?
I took out the usb stick and restarted and when clover came up there was no option for a hard drive.
Please any help would be appreciated.
Also I don't have WiFi compatible card yet and did not connect it to hardwire either. Not sure with initial install if that matters?

Hi guys, I have a Z370 HD3 Gigabyte mb and a coffee lake i3. I installed High Sierra on my internal Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 & it won't show up now when the usb boot drive is now out of the desktop.

With the usb stick with Unibeast and multibeast it installed fine and I used multibeast then after it loaded I tried to restart and go into the boot menu but it loaded automatically into the usb drive and when clover came up the main SSD drive I just installed the software on does not show up?
I took out the usb stick and restarted and when clover came up there was no option for a hard drive.
Please any help would be appreciated.
Also I don't have WiFi compatible card yet and did not connect it to hardwire either. Not sure with initial install if that matters?
mount usb, copy efi to desktop, unplug usb, mount efi on hard drive, remove efi folder, copy efi from desktop to hard drive efi

Thanks feartech, but you are losing me in translation a little. Im not super tech savvy so I assume you mean put the USB stick back in and turn on the computer. But thats when it goes back to the external clover option. I don't know how to mount anything.
This is the only thing I see now.
Should I reinstall all over again, because I can't get to the desktop to mount anything.

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_113908.jpg
    IMG_20181116_113908.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Thanks feartech, but you are losing me in translation a little. Im not super tech savvy so I assume you mean put the USB stick back in and turn on the computer. But thats when it goes back to the external clover option. I don't know how to mount anything.
This is the only thing I see now
if you boot from usb, does it show the hard drive?

you may be missing ApfsDriverLoader-64 from drivers64UEFI folder on your efi

When I boot from the USB, now it seems to want to go to the Apple install screen. It does not show the new SSD hard drive. When you say EFI, do you mean what MultiBeast created?
I could have clicked the wrong things during MultiBeast because I was watch a youtube video with a similar motherboard.

The time of this in the video is exactly 19:25

I think I might have to reinstall it again and run MultiBeast again?

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_115534.jpg
    IMG_20181116_115534.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
When I boot from the USB, now it seems to want to go to the Apple install screen. It does not show the new SSD hard drive. When you say EFI, do you mean what MultiBeast created?
I could have clicked the wrong things during MultiBeast because I was watch a youtube video with a similar motherboard.

The time of this in the video is exactly 19:25

I think I might have to reinstall it again and run MultiBeast again?
best to start again then

best to start again then

So if I do it again is there anything I should do different? Also it does not let me do Mac OS Journaled, when I try to erase the SSD drive, it says APFS are my only options when I erase it.

So I redid the install and am here now. Are there certain steps in MultiBeast I should do?

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_130856.jpg
    IMG_20181116_130856.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 201
so I redid the install and am here now. Are there certain steps in MultiBeast I should do?
After you have installed MultiBeast, check to make sure you have ApfsDriverLoader-64 in drivers64UEFI folder on EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back