Contribute
Register

Installed fine, added discrete graphics, now getting "unable to find driver... ACPI" error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WiFi
CPU
Intel Core I5 2500K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti Boost
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got my hackintosh set up fine (after some finagling) on a Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI with Core i5-3570K and 4GB Corsair ram. Have ML installed on an SSD, with Windows 7 on an HD and a second HD for data for the ML drive (i.e. dual booting - working fine). I was running the on-board Intel HD 4000 graphics but decided I needed some more graphics horsepower for games so I picked up an EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost.

After some more finagling I got it working on the Windows drive. But now every time I boot into OSX I get a kernel panic with "unable to find driver for this platform...ACPI...". (See http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/98683-unable-find-driver-platform-acpi.html)

Have tried using all the flags: -x, -f, -F, PCIRootUID=0, ACPI=off, GraphicsEnabler=No, npci=0x200, npci=0x3000. Tried taking out discrete card and setting graphics back to internal in the BIOS. The screen comes up but still at the OSX boot screen (white with Apple logo), no matter what I do I still get the ACPI error now.

Anybody? I have no idea what to do. Can't even boot into safe mode to reinstall DSDT. I have this compy all set up now so I really hope I don't have to redo the OSX install.

Thanks for any help.

Try reinstalling the associated kext file by booting the OSX installer disk and using the terminal. After that use the disk utility to repair the disk permissions then boot with the -v -f flags.

See if that helps.

boot in safe mode -x and try these options

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 10.09.32 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-22 at 10.09.32 AM.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 519
Thank guys.

Stehor - I tried safe mode but still get the same kernel panic! Gah.

fr0stspire - I haven't given that a try. Installed using a USB so I don't have the disk. Can I do that using the USB stick I installed unibeast with or do I need to make the disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back