Contribute
Register

Installed Catalina but can't boot to it from Clover...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT OC 8gb
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, i've got a fully working build of Mojave 10.14.6 on 1x NVME ('MacOS Drive'). I have now cloned that (including the EFI folder which was copied to the new drive after cloning) onto another NVME ('TEMP MacOS Drive') so I can install Catalina onto this 'TEMP' drive to test if it works.

Catalina installs fine, I reboot a couple of times and choose the MacOS Install option on Clover.

My problems begin once it's finished installing. When I do the usually 'final' reboot (once I don't need to boot into the installer any more), I select the 'Boot MacOS from TEMP MacOS Drive' option in Clover (see first pic) - when I select that option, the Apple loading bar gets to approximately 70% (see second pic) and then that's the point where it usually boots to the desktop, my machine goes into power save mode! (see third pic).

I've tried using Clover versions 4862, 5070 and 5096 - they all lead to the same problem.

Any ideas?

The final attached pic is a screengrab of my EFI folder - I have the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts. I also use a custom USB Map and the VegaTab_56 kexts.

I can't help but think that the way Catalina partitions the destination drive isn't helping. It's like Clover is seeing the wrong partition (should it be seeing the 'Data' partition rather than the original one?) The icons on the clover screen (pic one) suggest that Clover isn't seeing an 'OS' on that drive.

I suspect it's something obvious that i'm missing, but it's left me scratching my head a lot!

Any help will be massively appreciated!

TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 410
  • IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 649
  • Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 12.58.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-19 at 12.58.26.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 498
Delete /EFI/Clover/driver64UEFI since its no longer needed as latest Clover changed its folder structure.

Delete HFSPlus.efi from /EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI/.

You're missing FSInject.efi, SMCHelper.efi and VBoxHFs.efi in your UEFI folder.

Did you follow this guide?

i agree, plz search GUIDE or SUCCES and investigate on EFI.

I'm in similar predicament. Got the latest tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover release (Clover r5046), on top of it installed latest Dids Clover v2.5k_r5093 , and latest FakeSMC, USBInjectAll, Lilu, WhateverGreen. Install completes. Then after choosing to boot the installed system only logo stares at me, no progress bar. When i boot in verbose mode, i get only blank screen.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
1571512099801.png

Target drive was attached through USB3 ( which worked in the past ). But obviously not with Catalina.

I thought VegaTab_56 kexts are not needed anymore? Correct me if I'm wrong. Apart from that and what's been suggested already I'd try VirtualSMC and don't forget the SSDT-EC. Read a few posts, where people were having problems without it.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I've tried them and nothing worked, so as I don't have the time to dedicate to fixing it at the moment, i've gone back to Mojave 10.14.6 and it's all good again. I think i'll wait a few weeks before trying again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back