CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1070 + RX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I managed to install Big Sur. I switched from Clover to OpenCore 0.6.3. Everything works but sound. Funny thing is that when I booted into catalina (before updating) with the opencore install I had sound for both my video cards and the integrated onboard card.

So I managed to install Big Sur. I switched from Clover to OpenCore 0.6.3. Everything works but sound. Funny thing is that when I booted into catalina (before updating) with the opencore install I had sound for both my video cards and the integrated onboard card.
Use PlistEdit Pro and open your config.plist and compare your settings to the attached, any changes you make save, reboot, clean NVRAM and see if your sound works. You need to furnish the alcid data pertaining to your board and maybe at AudioOut try values from zero up to 15 (mine is zero (0)). Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 19.38.58.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 19.38.58.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 78
Use PlistEdit Pro and open your config.plist and compare your settings to the attached, any changes you make save, reboot, clean NVRAM and see if your sound works. You need to furnish the alcid data pertaining to your board and maybe at AudioOut try values from zero up to 15 (mine is zero (0)). Good luck.
From your screenshot, HiiDatabase.efi is for Sandy Bridge and older chipsets so is not needed on your CoffeeLake System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back