Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N Wifi
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Jumped into Big Sur without problem except I cannot download/update App Store applications anymore !!
Anyone have any ideas? I tried to remove the App Store cache, but still not working...

Capture d’écran 2020-11-18 à 10.55.51.png

@wind06 and @madman1234 It appears indeed that it is a bug encountered by those who upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur in version 5126... https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/300

It also seems that it is not possible to migrate directly to OC once passed in 5126 and Big Sur :

I'm a little afraid of screwing things up with OC...

@georgeslevallon: I tried to migrate using clover 5126, but I faced issues.

So I decided to create an OpenCore EFI partition using the OpenCode Guide, not very difficult but need to do it
carefully.

After having a working EFI OpencCore, I just replaced the Clover EFI folder by the OpenCore one, on my Catalina boot device. I then launched the upgrade to Big Sur ... all worked as expected.

Last edited:
@wind06 and @madman1234 It appears indeed that it is a bug encountered by those who upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur in version 5126... https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/issues/300

It also seems that it is not possible to migrate directly to OC once passed in 5126 and Big Sur :

I'm a little afraid of screwing things up with OC...
I thought the switch to oc is difficult but with the guide is was no problem at all. I took me less then an hour. My Big Sur installation with clover was buggy so I recommend a fresh installation on a new drive.
With oc my system runs even better then on clover. Sometimes on my clover installation I had graphic glitches in Mac OS and OneNote or my display went black after sidecar use and these problems are now gone with opencore. So I m very happy even with the hustle to learn something fresh

To try to fix the problem and test different settings took longer then the migration to opencore :lol:

I'm having the same issue. I switched to Open Core but I still have the same issue.
Any other ideas of how to fix this?

I had this same problem on first upgrade to Big Sur and the latest upgrade. I have the new version running but the store is broken and i don't see "PREBOOT" in the Open Core Picker menu i'm on OC 0.6.4 now

Hello.

I had the same problem. Applications from the AppStore did not download and the update 11.0.1 to 11.1 did not download in the system settings.

I have installed Clover (5128). Moved settings from old config.plist to new config.plist (PlistEdit Pro).

Downloaded drivers and kext using clover configurator

MacOS will only boot from "preboot". The update 11.1 was downloaded and installed, applications from the AppStore began to download and install.

It's because of neither clover nor opencore. It's because you installed it wrong~.

In Big Sir, you need to choose "pre-boot installation" when the Big Sir installer reboot the system first time. If you are using clover, you probably hide the pre-boot partition. So, you could not choose it. You chose "system disk-data installation" instead. It will install the OS but it will not work correctly. Two issues, (1) mac app store doesn't work (2) recovery partition doesn't work.

Clover User:
1. make the preboot partition show (remove "hide" in the config.plist).
2. install the OS again(it will overwrite only the OS. You don't loose your config/data), and choose "pre-boot installation".
3. after installation, choose "pre-boot partition to boot". You may think you are doing it wrong but it's the correct way in Bug Sir.

Opencore User:
1. opencore show only the preboot partition when installing the OS. So you don't have other choice. So, you are fine.
2. opencore show the preboot as normal after installation. So you don't acknowledge it boots with pre-boot. So, you are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back