Contribute
Register

Installed Backtracked now can't find Chimera to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
My Golden Hac Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K
Graphics
AMD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone,

I have two 128GB ssd's and one HD. I am using one SSD for OSX; One for storing my virtual machines. And the 500GB HD I was using for backup. However, I wanted to test something on Backtrack(Variant of Ubuntu) and VM wasn't doing the job for me as I only have internal wifi card. I partitioned the 500GB HD and made it 400 for time machine backup and 100GB for Backtrack.

Now, I booted into Backtrack and installed in the selected partition. When I rebooted it can't find my chimera neither can my computer boot into Backtrack. I can boot fine using unibeast usb and boot into OSX.

I have tried installing chimera again but no luck.

Could anyone help as to what did I do wrong and how it can be solved please.

Regards,
boynep.

Hello everyone,

I have two 128GB ssd's and one HD. I am using one SSD for OSX; One for storing my virtual machines. And the 500GB HD I was using for backup. However, I wanted to test something on Backtrack(Variant of Ubuntu) and VM wasn't doing the job for me as I only have internal wifi card. I partitioned the 500GB HD and made it 400 for time machine backup and 100GB for Backtrack.

Now, I booted into Backtrack and installed in the selected partition. When I rebooted it can't find my chimera neither can my computer boot into Backtrack. I can boot fine using unibeast usb and boot into OSX.

I have tried installing chimera again but no luck.

Could anyone help as to what did I do wrong and how it can be solved please.

Regards,
boynep.

I'm guessing your Linux install overwrote your stage0 boot record. You will need to re-install the boot record manually or using Chameleon Wizard (best to install boot0md). The Chimera installer will not overwrite a grub boot record...

Thank your for your quick reply. I didn't know it existed. I know now and it fixed it.

Cheers,

P.S I will try installing again without overwriting the boot manager now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back