Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z170 ud5
CPU
Graphics
RX 480
Ok hi smart people!
First ever pc build, lifelong Mac user.
I did everything verbatim from this glorious site, problem starts 1 minute in to the actual installation. It comes back with a message that Mac OS X cannot be installed on this machine , and to hold down D at startup to run a program to check it.
I tried both checking the äti box in clover and not checking it as I have an RX 480 card...
I watched a video on the youtubes that mentioned a fake smc command... I didn't see this on the Tony Mac walk through so I haven't done this yet...should I?
Here is my build :
Gigabyte z170x ud5 mobo
H100i CPU cooler
Corsair 750 watt psu
Corsair 300r case
32 gigs ballistic DDR4 ram
5 noctua fans
512 nmve ssd (with windows 10 installed)
2 480 gig crucial SSD
2 4tb 7200 spinning WD blue drives
My original plan was to instal Mac OS X on the nmve but couldn't figure it out so I put windows there and partitioned it hoping clover would see it as its own drive..didn't happen
I wanted then to Raid the other SSD and put Mac OS X there and use the rest for my FCPX scratch space for current projects, and raid the spinning drives to move other projects and photos to.
At this point I'd just love to get OS X up and running on any drive!!!
All help would be appreciated.

It comes back with a message that Mac OS X cannot be installed on this machine , and to hold down D at startup to run a program to check it.
Search Results for Query: Mac OS X cannot be installed on this machine
I tried both checking the äti box in clover and not checking it as I have an RX 480 card...
Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.
My original plan was to instal Mac OS X on the nmve but couldn't figure it out so I put windows there and partitioned it hoping clover would see it as its own drive..didn't happen
[Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back