Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Hello,
Total novice with this, but First year computer science student.
I have a HP Envy M6-1302sa.
Specifications available here: Specs

I read the rules and it said that AMD wasn't supported and would be removed but I've read a few posts of HP Envy's being successful so I thought it might be worth it.

I read the guide and created a USB boot disk using Mavericks and UniBeast. I wasn't able to follow the guide in terms of BIOS options because they weren't available (so if anyone can tell me how to adjust the unadjustable BIOS I'm all ears)

When I boot up and boot from USB I get the three options (The screen with the apple and 3 circles) USB, Windows NTFS, and RECOVERY.

When I select USB with the wave (only just realised) my computer shuts down and back up again. I can run it in safe mode and verbose and get streams of lines but the same happens again.

Just need some help getting this up and running if it's possible.

Also, do you need the USB in the computer at all times after installation? I plan on dual booting from my Hard drive and I read that someone recommended 2 hard drives (not easy with a laptop)

Thanks.

I read the rules and it said that AMD wasn't supported and would be removed but I've read a few posts of HP Envy's being successful so I thought it might be worth it.

Apple don't use AMD processors so there is no support.

"AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work. Any post requesting help for or asking about these will be deleted."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back