Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Installation with MSI Z390 A Pro + Core i7 9700K Working but with a problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to have the source, because what you said is a big deal, please share the source. Because I am trying to look for that info but I can’t find information related to that.
Can you share your EFI, I have this board and am about to take it back for another one since I can not get it working. Would really appriciate the EFI you have working.

You have to use the DSDT ACPI Patch for the lastest Bios Updates in all mainboards... I can't share my EFI because I don't have that build anymore... I switched for a Thunderbolt 3 build... but with the DSDT ACPI Patch you will fix all your problems...

You have to put it in Clover in Acpi section in DSDT tab:

Comment
Acpi Patch

Find* [HEX]
A00A9353 54415301

Replace [HEX]
A00A910A FF0BFFFF

This I know will solve all your problems. And other thing, please don't install a lot of kexts in your EFI folder is a common mistake, for a starting point you need only FakeSMC.kext (VirtualSMC.kext in case you want to use that one), Lilu.kext, Whatevergreen.kext, USBInjectall.kext with the port limit patch (to use all USB ports), after that you are on the right way, don't install kext you don't know what they do... in the 100% of cases they are useless or not for your machine...

Any working Catalina EFI with msi z390a pro and i7 9700k?

Use search function for your Board with specs close to your own, my EFI Folders caters for Gigabyte z390 Boards Not MSI z390 Boards.

This thread's name is MSI z30a pro, just like mine.

Anyway, is it the processor as important as the MOBO when making the Clover? Or will be enough just searching for the MOBO.

This thread's name is MSI z30a pro, just like mine.

Anyway, is it the processor as important as the MOBO when making the Clover? Or will be enough just searching for the MOBO.
you realise your video card is not supported? RTX 2070 SUPER OC

you realise your video card is not supported? RTX 2070 SUPER OC

Of course I do, I just need it for Windows. It is enough for me having the integrated graphics of intel working (Intel HD 630).

Of course I do, I just need it for Windows. It is enough for me having the integrated graphics of intel working (Intel HD 630).
then you will need to update your hardware profile to include the hardware you are using....

then you will need to update your hardware profile to include the hardware you are using....
Done! Does it mean that graphics drivers are as important as MOBO's and processor's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back