Installation Troubleshooting Tips

Discussion in 'The Basics' started by wildwillow, Aug 14, 2013.

1. wildwillow

wildwillow Moderator

Mobo:
    GA-Z87X-OC
    CPU:
    i7-4770K
    Graphics:
    HD4600+R9 380 4GB
    Mac:
    MacBook Pro
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS, Other
    Aug 14, 2013 at 10:00 PM #1
    wildwillow

wildwillow Moderator

Mobo:
    GA-Z87X-OC
    CPU:
    i7-4770K
    Graphics:
    HD4600+R9 380 4GB
    Mac:
    MacBook Pro
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS, Other
    Installation Troubleshooting Tips

1. Create your OS X UniBeast USB or iBoot disc drive as per Guides

2. Once you have created your bootable installer. You are ready to install your OS X version, Please follow the install procedures to the letter.

3. Select your first boot priority using F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, Or the hotkey for your manufacturers motherboard.

4. If you are having trouble reaching the installer. I suggest using the integrated graphics and add your discrete graphics card later. Use -x (safe mode) or -v (verbose mode Troubleshooting: Issuing Boot Flags) this should give you some information where the installation is stalling. This enables others to help you.

5. Once OS X says the installation is complete. It Automatically restarts, this is where you select your USB drive for the last time. Once at the Chimera Boot Screen select your new installation, if you had to use boot flags for the installer then you need to use them again. I always find safe mode easier to get to the registration of OS X.

Once you reach the Desktop then see The Basics to help you.

Related:
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...bleshooting-tips-general-recommendations.html

danny2016uk likes this.