Contribute
Register

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

Started a new Topic

Hi,

Still can't get SL installed on my HDD, I followed the tutorial, my mobo/cpu/gpu are all supported and people keep talking about there success story.
WHY NOT ME ??? this is frustrating. :banghead:
WHY I KEEP HAVE A KERNEL PANIC ?
I configured the bios, but still can't get the retail SL DVD to complete the installation.

here is my post explaining that happen:
search.php?search_id=egosearch

hello tonymacx86, i have problem here, i stuck at the apple logo.

i follow what you've said

insert iBoot > Eject iBoot > load Mac OS X 10.6 > press F5 > press Enter / type -x then Enter but i stuck on the next screen with gray background ang has apple logo in the middle.

what should i do? i use the iBoot not the legacy version. btw, this is my system specs:

Intel Core i3-530
ASRock P55 Extreme4
OCZ 2GB DDR3 1333
Seagate 500GB
ATI HD5850

My 1st try to my desktop in sig had me without any USB mouse or keyboard. 2nd try I got USB to work but now after the next restart it loads but shuts down. So I was not able to enter safe mode. Does OSX offer some sort of "system restore" like in windows to roll back in case somethig we change in multibeast doesnt go well?

I agree with guy above. I'm not new to computers but new to this so I would like to see more in detail discription of the other settings and what their effect on a given install might do. Not everybole to enter safe mode or any mode fordy is gonna be using Gigabyte or can afford to go out and buy 2nd motherboard just to test.

How do I make certain I will be installing in 64-bit kernal mode of OSX/ Is there a better DVD version to use for a new install to either a notebook or desktop? I have retail DVD 10.6.0 but my local retail store has 10.6.3. Will there be any advantage to get the new one, or just update the old one?

I see that gani4ug has run into the same problem as me. My motherboard doesn't allow me to follow instruction 8 in tonyxmac86's Sandy Bridge setup list. I'm assuming that these are legacy BIOS options that don't apply with an EFI boot, but I'm not sure what the implications of this might be for iBoot.

Is it ok to ignore step 8?

--
Chris

LATER: OK, the answer in my case is yes. AHCI is set on by default, and although there's no option to set HPET, it seems that it defaults to 64-bit.

I am attempting to use iBoot and I can get to the point where i swap the iBoot disc for the OSX 10.6 and hit F5 and then enter when the OSX appears on screen. Then the screen goes black for a bit and then aI get this errot: "Memory allocation error! Addr=0x0, Size=0x8002b70, file=device_inject.c, Line=246 This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!" please help me on this!

NVM I figured it out just use the -x and GraphicsEnabler=no together to boot into mac OS X. now I just need support for my graphics card AMD XFX Radeon HD 6950, any help would be greatly appreciated!

finally got it installing with -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

i think before i was using the dash before PCIRootUID=1 and that was one of my problems.

also, i suggest to those who can't get it working to maybe try different sata ports for your dvd and hdd.

Don't know if this is monitored or not... got everything working fine, then ran the next step to load the beast thing and when it rebooted up came the "Hackintosh" icon, when I select it all it does is reboot over and over with a brief glimpse of the grey apple screen -beep- reboot. Any thoughts?

Everything else has worked great, one small step at a time until this.

Thanks!

Back