Contribute
Register

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

i think i have corrected this problem. i burned iboot on a much slower dvd disc and i was able to avoid the error bios ox01. the only problem that i receive is mach kernel is missing hahaha. my god. i thought i was already safe.

I cloned my 80GB working OSX drive to a 500GB GUID extended journal blank drive.

I get mach kernal is missing too hmmm weird.

This is funny. I am able to run hackintosh thru vmware. How come I'm not able to do this using iboot.

Great Information and Installation Guide!…..but….

Could you add just a bit more to cover FUTURE considerations, and indicate which restrictions are critical at different stages?

For example, you mention having the iBoot disk will be great if something goes wrong in the future, but does that mean we'll have to strip out the entire system just to boot with iBoot (6GB RAM, multiple TB of disks, webcam, etc)? Maybe iBoot will work with all of this, but Multibeast won't? Maybe Multibeast works, and the restrictions are just during initial installation.

FYI- iBoot currently crashes when I try to boot my current system from the CD, but I'd like to know if I should spend 2 hrs disassembling the PC wired up behind the desk, or if the 4GB RAM restriction is unrelated to iBoot and I just have to unplug the webcam.

I see a LOT of people having trouble cloning their system after using this. Perhaps you could add a recommendation on how to create a BOOTABLE BACKUP immediately after getting your method to work. For example, it's unclear if DSDT/kext info would get copied to a USB key. Indicate how, if Chameleon goes wrong on the boot drive later, how you boot from this other drive/DVD/whatever to repair the installation. (ie. During a prior update, the Chameleon Apple icons became generic disk icons, but I'm scared to death to try to repair Chameleon until I find an alternative way to boot the machine).

I'd feel a lot safer using your installation process if I knew that 6 months down the road I'd be able to recover from a problem without having to do a fresh install on a stripped down PC and lose EVERYTHING.

This would be absolutely delicious information for advanced noobs too, like me, who have a working system, but can't remember if 6 months ago I used a DSDT.aml file, or kexts, or EasyBeast, or even how to determine which method I used so that later updates don't trash my hard efforts.

THANKS!!!!

thanks dude for the post
i am wishing to install mac os x 10.6.3 which i borrowed from my friend who ownan mac book
now i wish to install that mac on my laptop
sony vaio : vpceb24en
core i3 processor
ati mobility readon hd 5145 512mb
and it has ami aptio bios of version R0300Y8
so i am unable to get the option to set my sata mode to ahci mode in advanced tab in my bios
i tried for a week for an option but nothing was found.
i used iboot and after inserting the reail dvd i used -x,-v,-x busratio=xx,-x -s,everthing i found on web
then the system loads with an apple logo and hangs over there
i even installed the retail version with iboot and multibeast in my friends desktop
worked perfectly but got trouble with usb ports and keyboards.
help me i wanna install mac to get iworks on my pc for an project presentation works
its urgent

Help needed:

I'm trying to install on the configuration described next and even with the parameter -x for the screen which I believe is the staging of the installation (with the gray apple in half) a message appears asking in several languages to restart the computer ... Someone went through this? The version is the Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail.

PS: Following all the prerequisites described in the first post

Grateful

after i run multibeast my computer should easily boot from my hard drive without installing the iboot cd? correct?

gani4ug said:
thanks dude for the post
i am wishing to install mac os x 10.6.3 which i borrowed from my friend who ownan mac book
now i wish to install that mac on my laptop
sony vaio : vpceb24en
core i3 processor
ati mobility readon hd 5145 512mb
and it has ami aptio bios of version R0300Y8
so i am unable to get the option to set my sata mode to ahci mode in advanced tab in my bios
i tried for a week for an option but nothing was found.
i used iboot and after inserting the reail dvd i used -x,-v,-x busratio=xx,-x -s,everthing i found on web
then the system loads with an apple logo and hangs over there
i even installed the retail version with iboot and multibeast in my friends desktop
worked perfectly but got trouble with usb ports and keyboards.
help me i wanna install mac to get iworks on my pc for an project presentation works
its urgent

some simple bios, like mine, do not have an option for setting AHCI. Just load your bios defaults.

try using iboot legacy http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewforum.php?f=69/ instead. It maybe related to your graphics card, and if after installing multibeast (likely easybeast option) you cannot boot w/out having to still use iboot to boot and load snow leopard, you likely need to install from multibeast: customization > boot options > 32-bit graphicsEnabler=no.
if after following the guide for iboot + multibeast and you have trouble after updating to 10.6.6, you may need to again install the 32-bit graphicsEnabler=no.
...not certain, just a suggestion...

hi i am quite new here. last 2 days based on your forum posts study i learned a lot

and did the succeesful installation.

1. system booted with iBoot
2. Place the Snow Leopeard 10.6.3
3. Running Installation, it is show Successful (Not failed like some articles)
4. Install the 10.6.6. combo update
5. Install the Multibeast Installer
6. Restart the PC
7. Unable to type due to PS/2 Keyboard
8. Reboot from iBoot CD and Install the Post Install as per the article in lifehacker.com
9. Reboot the system completely Crash (Type mismatch error)

10. Redo the above steps except 8,9 steps
11. Run the multibeast again
12. enable the audio universal, ps/2 controller, realtek network
13. after the complete the multibeast.
14. Reboot and it is successfully working

Thank you guys for all the post

Everything works until I actually put in the Mac retail disk.

I get to the the Chameleon prompt, eject iBoot (legacy), and put in the retail disk. The fist time I did it without safe mode and it just froze with a little white do not enter symbol in the middle of the screen over the apple. I tried the whole process again except this time typing " -v -x " so I could see exactly where the problem lies. It stops at "Still waiting for root device".

What's wrong exactly? Any guesses?
:banghead:

Back