Contribute
Register

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

I burned the iboot to a disc from the iso to a cd and it only has two folders usr and extra with a txt file that that talks about software agreement.

When I try to boot to the disc it lists no bootable OS.. What am I doing wrong?

All other MB configs are set according to the document. What could I be missing?

Dude i downloaded the latest Multibeast for 10.6 and 10.6.8 combo update and got it to work fine, suggest you try the same, as we have had the same issue

Will try doing the same this weekend. What is bugging me though is I used my previous Multibeast that worked before, but for some reason I am unable to update the OS after an initial fresh install on 2 Hacks.

I even used newer versions last couple of months ago but with the same result.

Hopefully this version will solve my problem.

Thanks.

Hi!
I've discovered by chance, just before buying a Z77+ivy bridge (thanks to thelostswede's comments on the new CustoMac guide), that Snow Leopard is not compatible with it!
Maybe it would be a good idea to state it clearly, for newbies like me are not supposed to know it... :oops: It's not that obvious and I haven't read it anywhere: indeed, I had asked the advice of a member who had published a Z77+sandy bridge guide if that would be possible and he said yes, in good faith, so there's a real need to spread this information, as I'm probably not the only one who still needs to run Snow Leopard...

blabla.gifblabla.gif

So there have been a lot of people with similar issues, in this thread, my goal is to create a nice simple list of things people can check before asking specific questions. Many times if you're having issues installing, it's one of these things.

For best results with your installation, make sure you've followed these recommendations. I've put them together from months of questions, so these tips should be pretty common and universal. Many people have neglected to follow these simple tips, and the installation has not worked.

1. Purchase and use a genuine Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail Installation DVD
2. Use a SATA CD/DVD drive and SATA hard drive
3. Update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available
4. Physically remove any extra RAM sticks so that your system has a total of no more than 4GB of RAM
5. Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in.
6. Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse.
7. Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X
8. Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible
9. Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults, then set SATA to AHCI mode and HPET to 64-bit
10. Set Boot Priority to boot from CD/DVD drive, then hard drive
11. If using a Gigabyte board, use Port 0 and 1 of the Blue Intel SATA ports
12. Intel Only. We do not support AMD.
13. iBoot + MultiBeast is known to work with the P55, X58 P35 and H55 chipsets and will most likely work with all Core 2 compatible boards.
14. If using a large > 1 TB Hard Drive, your system partition needs to be 1 TB or less.
15. Onboard Intel GMA HD graphics by themselves are currently unsupported. There are no available drivers- you'll need to use a discreet card.
16. MultiBeast should be run from the boot drive. Copy to Applications folder or Desktop.

I'll try to keep this post updated- if anyone has any other suggestions, please jump in and I'll add them here. Thanks!

Hi.
I have a motherboard H77N, chipset LGA 1155, Nvidia Geforce GT 640, cpu i5 3570K.
Could you give me the procedures to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard?
Best regards and thank you

Need some advice

Hey, building my first hackintosh and I can't access BIOS. :banghead:

First I get the screen telling me to "Boot and select proper boot device" then I tried pressing "delete" over and over after re-starting it only to get a blue screen with nothing on it. :crazy: I've unplugged anything that doesn't need to be connected and tried my hd in both the SATA3 and SATA2 port (I'm using a 6gb/s wire).

Do I have a defective MB or HD? Any recommendations?

Parts:
Gigabyte z77n-wifi
i3 3225
WD 500gb black HD
1x 8gb stick corsair vengeance RAM

Thanks!

Practically, you should be able to access the BIOS without (quite) anything connected at all. From what I know, the HD has nothing to do with it (try without connecting it!).
Are you using a USB keyboard?
Have you followed the instruction coming with your mobo? (who knows... may be it's not DEL that you have to press on that one...)
If it's DEL you have to press, do it as soon a you power on your machine.
If that's leading you to the blue screen you mention, I'd think there's a problem with your mobo, but I'm no PC expert (could it be a RAM problem? I've read people saying you'd better have 2x4Gb instead of 8Gb, others saying it's not true anymore...)
Good luck! ;)

Thanks for the reply! Amazon is replacing the mobo so hopefully that's the issue. If it does the same thing then I'll try with a stick of 4gb RAM

So there have been a lot of people with similar issues, in this thread, my goal is to create a nice simple list of things people can check before asking specific questions. Many times if you're having issues installing, it's one of these things.

For best results with your installation, make sure you've followed these recommendations. I've put them together from months of questions, so these tips should be pretty common and universal. Many people have neglected to follow these simple tips, and the installation has not worked.

1. Purchase and use a genuine Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail Installation DVD
2. Use a SATA CD/DVD drive and SATA hard drive
3. Update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available
4. Physically remove any extra RAM sticks so that your system has a total of no more than 4GB of RAM
5. Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in.
6. Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse.
7. Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X
8. Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible
9. Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults, then set SATA to AHCI mode and HPET to 64-bit
10. Set Boot Priority to boot from CD/DVD drive, then hard drive
11. If using a Gigabyte board, use Port 0 and 1 of the Blue Intel SATA ports
12. Intel Only. We do not support AMD.
13. iBoot + MultiBeast is known to work with the P55, X58 P35 and H55 chipsets and will most likely work with all Core 2 compatible boards.
14. If using a large > 1 TB Hard Drive, your system partition needs to be 1 TB or less.
15. Onboard Intel GMA HD graphics by themselves are currently unsupported. There are no available drivers- you'll need to use a discreet card.
16. MultiBeast should be run from the boot drive. Copy to Applications folder or Desktop.

I'll try to keep this post updated- if anyone has any other suggestions, please jump in and I'll add them here. Thanks!

Also check out the wiki's Troubleshooting page here:

wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

100px-Questionmark.png

so i must remove extra RAM if the RAM more than 4GB?

Last edited by a moderator:
iBoot only support the motherboards listed on support list? I use a DH55PJ and it isn't list. When I try to boot with iBoot (I bought the original Snow Leopard Retail DVD from Apple Store) appears the Apple logo, but later it says for me to reboot pressing the Power button, always that. I tried with another program (in case HackBook) and it installed Okay, but it crashes when I upgrade for 10.6.8 version (PCI begin configuration) and if I use npci=x02000 it runs but without mouse and keyboard support (I use Microsoft Wireless mouse and keyboard combo). My graphics card is a GTX 560 Ti. What can I do please?

Back