Contribute
Register

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

Um using a DFI LANParty DK X58-T3eH6 with i7 and 6GB of ram. GTX285

Worked so far, but after installing the comboupdate i cant boot

-x oder PCIRootUID=1 doesnt solve the Problem i always got the screen with you have to reboot your mac

Before this happend i only installed multibeast and the RTL8XX Driver

Please help

Looking for a little help.... (check signature for details on my config)
Using iBoot to install OSX 10.6.3 (Retail CD)
Installed 10.6.3 Fine everything works fine
Installed 10.6.8 version 1.1 from Apples site and did not reboot after before installing multibeast
Installed MultiBeast 3.8 with the following Options
-Easy Beast
-System Utilities
-D+B -> Kexts ->Audio -> ALC8xxx HDA and AppleHDA Rollback
-D+B ->Kexts ->Network -> Realtek Gigabit 2.0.6
Also used the DSDT for mobo and all necessary pieces like FakeSMC with same result
OSX will not boot on its own, need to use iBoot
The Desktop never comes up just gets to the blue screen just before the desktop and no hard drive activity after that.... I have a kernel panic on my 1TB drive so i am using to a spare 80GB drive to get this installed and working to upgrade to lion...

if there are any suggestions, I would love some help... will be willing to try anything at this point. I am fairly new to MAC OS and if you could be a specific as possible in your dircetions that would be most helpful. thanks to all in advance.

OK... Here is an update.

Fresh install of 10.6.3
Ran Combo update for 10.6.7
Ran MultiBeast 3.7.2 and use EasyBeast
Back up and running with 10.6.7 and not needing the iBoot
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :lol: :mrgreen: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It appears to be some sort of combination of my hardware, 10.6.8 and MultiBeast 3.8, not sure where...

I have now successfully installed OSX Lion....
Installed MultiBeast 3.8 with EasyBeast, lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81XX Ethernet (Realtek 2.0.6 was installed with 10.6.7 and no network after 10.7), and Realtek ALC8xxHDA and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler). The only problem is now I have no sound... anyone with this motherboard that can give insight?

I hope that this post with help someone else.
:headbang:

i have a custom computer that i built early 2011, i would like to put osx on it,
i followed the bios instructions and i have all the pc parts installed(4gb ram, graphic card, mouse and keyboard, 1 harddrive and nothing else) i downloaded and installed iboot and it loaded up, i get two options iboot and new volume. i click new volume and it says bootmgr is missing, i restart the computer and click on iboot and apple logo appears with error ""unable to find driver for this platform: /"ACPI/"............ BLAH BLAH BLAH "you need to restart your computer hold down the power button.

i dont get it what am i doing wrong? im new to mac, and this whole installation type.
do i have to add more files when i burn the iboot disk? do i have to partition the harddrive im using before i go through the iboot? is my motherboard not compatible? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

my computer parts are
asus sabertooth x58 1336
i7 950
g.skill 6x 4gb 1600mhz ram
Evga gtx470
disk harddrive 320gb sata

i unplugged my ssd and 5 wd 1.5gb disk drives.

hi tony,
i try to boot iBoot on my Biostar TH67+.

why too slowly to choose a drive? and irregular appearance

thanks

tony!
thank you for what you're doing!

system:ga-z68mx-ud2h-b3,i5-2400,4g ddr3,nv430,usb-dvd-rom
i do set the sata to ahci,1st boot device as cd,HPET to 64-bit mode

here is my problem?
iboot 3.1 : cant boot ,just restart again and again
iboot legacy :get to menu with text mode only (cant see the red apple),put apple disc(10.6.0 retail) in and press f5,but nothing show up.

After a fellow redactor with the same hardware as I have posted success with Lion on his rig I decided to pull the trigger and do my own install. Checked compatibility and read about this exact setup installing easily but I find I can't get past iBoot. Everytime I go to install after ejecting the boot cd I get the same kernel panic. Legacy, current, doesn't matter. I've quadruple checked my BIOS settings and can't seem to catch a break. Searches reveal lots of people with the same problem, but no solutions so far. Any Ideas?
Thanks for the amazing community, new here but learning.

Attachments

• DSCF1420.JPG
    DSCF1420.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 395
  • DSCF1422.JPG
    DSCF1422.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 384
Ok, reading through this I dont' think anyone has posted this scenario.
I built a version of the recent mac mini post using the same parts.
I can get SL 10.6.3 installed just fine.
I reboot with iBoot again and get into SL.
I get a panic screen when I do the update to 10.6.8. I gets almost all the way done and fails. So I do not get to install Multibest.

From that point even if I boot off of iBoot, it never fully loads, just spinning cursor.
Can I install Multibeast before the 10.6.8 update? (attempting this now)
Will that help even if it works?

Edit!
Just found the update helper. Two days of looking and NOW I find it. Trying it now.
Thanks.

i'm new to this web site but is there any way to install snow leopard on a desktop that's using a AMD CPU i have a -HP Compaq presario CQ5814 with AMD AND ATI and i really wanted to try Mac OS X on in i was getting board of windows 7 plus apple store did not have snow leopard so i had to order it felt like forever i don't wan't my money going down the drain please HELP!

Thanks for the video walk through, I was all ready to go but hit a show stopper.

What do the following error message mean when I try to boot off Snow Leopard after successful iBoot startup? (see screen shots links in my main post)

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=34392&p=217168#p217168

Lenovo ThinkPad W520 Laptop

Back