HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So there have been a lot of people with similar issues, in this thread, my goal is to create a nice simple list of things people can check before asking specific questions. Many times if you're having issues installing, it's one of these things.

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations
For best results with your installation, make sure you've followed these recommendations. I've put them together from months of questions, so these tips should be pretty common and universal. Many people have neglected to follow these simple tips, and the installation has not worked.

1. Purchase and use a genuine Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail Installation DVD
2. Use a SATA CD/DVD drive and SATA hard drive
3. Update your motherboard to the latest BIOS version available
4. Physically remove any extra RAM sticks so that your system has a total of no more than 4GB of RAM
5. Use only 1 graphics card in the 1st PCIe slot with 1 monitor plugged in.
6. Remove any USB peripherals besides keyboard and mouse.
7. Remove any hard drives besides the blank drive being used for OS X
8. Remove any PCI cards besides graphics- they may not be Mac compatible
9. Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults, then set SATA to AHCI mode and HPET to 64-bit
10. Set Boot Priority to boot from CD/DVD drive, then hard drive
11. If using a Gigabyte board, use Port 0 and 1 of the Blue Intel SATA ports
12. Intel Only. We do not support AMD.
13. iBoot + MultiBeast is known to work with the P55, X58 P35 and H55 chipsets and will most likely work with all Core 2 compatible boards.
14. If using a large > 1 TB Hard Drive, your system partition needs to be 1 TB or less.
15. Onboard Intel GMA HD graphics by themselves are currently unsupported. There are no available drivers- you'll need to use a discreet card.
16. MultiBeast should be run from the boot drive. Copy to Applications folder or Desktop.

I'll try to keep this post updated- if anyone has any other suggestions, please jump in and I'll add them here. Thanks!

Also check out the wiki's Troubleshooting page here:

wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

100px-Questionmark.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks tonymacx86 ;)
Your post sheds some light on this mined filed that's called hackintosh :lol:

IMHO "normal" users need an organic explanation on how to accomplish a successful installation from A to Z.

I subscribed this great forum since last June, I did my best to acquire as many informations as possibile, I bought all the suggested components to build a hackintosh but I'm extremely fearful about the installation.

That's why I would like to see in the forum a section that talks about installations, simply explained.
In fact these subjects are so disperse and scattered inside the forum that it's a pita retrieving them. In other words this is a great page http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html but I don't know if it must be followed word by word or not, just because something has changed.
Expecially about DSDT and GPU ATI 32/64bit drivers I have no clear ideas at all :cry: .

Thanks for your patience
Michael

thanks ;) noob guides

11. If using a Gigabyte board, use Port 0 and 1 of the Blue Intel SATA ports

In other places I found that Blue Intel SATA ports must be used if OSX is installed onto a P55 motherboard.

Actualy I have plugged DVD R/W to SATA 0, HD for Win7 to SATA 1 and HD for OSX to SATA2. That's to say I didn't use Blue SATA ports.
I'm right?

Say I'll use Blue SATA ports for the installation process, can i plug my HDs back to normal SATA ports?

Thanks
Michael

EDIT Solved looking inside with more attention... Blue Sata ports are 3GB/sec. :thumbup:

can you install the iboot using a usb flash drive instead. I keep on getting bios errors whenever i run iboot on my dvd rom drive. it may be that my dvd rom is not compatible with iboot.

I tried to use my Macbook Pro 10.6.3 installer to install on my PC, but i can't boot the 10.6.3 DVD installer.
i used iBoot 1st...and i followed the instruction to boot from iBoot CD 1st and then change iBoot CD to 10.6.3 DVD installer, and press F5, but my 10.6.3 DVD installer didn't want to boot..
Anyone can help me?
Thx u..

tonymacx86 said:
14. If using a large > 1 TB Hard Drive, your system partition needs to be 1 TB or less.
What this mean? I should format somehow my HDD before iBoot or from DiskUtility after I boot from retail SL DVD? If first, could this be the cause for my problem?

Kebluxer said:
I tried to use my Macbook Pro 10.6.3 installer to install on my PC, but i can't boot the 10.6.3 DVD installer.
i used iBoot 1st...and i followed the instruction to boot from iBoot CD 1st and then change iBoot CD to 10.6.3 DVD installer, and press F5, but my 10.6.3 DVD installer didn't want to boot..
Anyone can help me?
Thx u..
You must buy a Snow Leopard retail DVD that contains OSX 10.6.3.
The Macbook Pro 10.6.3 installer is tailored only for your MacBook Pro.

mupkoc said:
tonymacx86 said:
What this mean? I should format somehow my HDD before iBoot or from DiskUtility after I boot from retail SL DVD? If first, could this be the cause for my problem?

i have a seagate 1.5 TB. I have formatted my hard drive. should i use fdisk to partition my drive?

Back