Contribute
Register

Installation Troubleshooting Tips & General Recommendations

Hey,

So, my problem is not listed and is a kernel issue. I have checked out the wiki troubleshooting link as follows is the answer ...
[h=3]A kext I installed causes a kernel panic[/h] Boot into the retail dvd, go to terminal, delete the kext and make sure you rebuild the caches through terminal.

This however does not work..at least for me that is, I cannot boot from the retail dvd as i get still the same problem and therefore cannot get to the terminal. I have tried booting first with iboot then changing to the retail dvd and even tried straight from retail dvd but I just get the same kernel panic screen asking me to restart my computer!

I do not have access to another computer other than this very old and worthless netbook which is struggling to load webpages. Please assist!

Hi,
I am trying to install snow leopard on Asus x59gl (Intel Pentium T3200 2,0ghz; Nvidia 8200m g: 4gb RAM) but every time i boot into the os i receive a kernel panic about some timestamps and if i try to run directly the snow leopard without iBoot it stucks on Loading Darwin /x86. Please help i dont know what to do :)

Hi,
I am trying to install snow leopard on Asus x59gl (Intel Pentium T3200 2,0ghz; Nvidia 8200m g: 4gb RAM) but every time i boot into the os i receive a kernel panic about some timestamps and if i try to run directly the snow leopard without iBoot it stucks on Loading Darwin /x86. Please help i dont know what to do :)

Suggest you post in Laptop Forum for laptop installation problems - this is Desktop support forum.

hey guys,

I'm having problems with installation. As soon as the install screen appears, mouse isn't working, nor the keyboard works properly. I can choose between languages with up and down arrows, but as soon as I hit enter, the next step appears, and keyboard stops responding completely.

Any idea what should I try? USB Legacy is enabled, AHCI, S3 as well...Asus P5K Pro mobo with intel core2duo e4500.
Using iBoot and Snow Leopard disc.

@andysydney2003, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@andysydney2003, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).

my apologies. i should have clarified that i haven’t even gotten started yet. haven’t sourced any parts yet although i will be soon in the next week or so.

For laptops post in Laptop Forum - this forum is for Desktops Support.

Have you tried upgrading further say to High Sierra. Usually Kernal Panics are the results of in compatible or out dated software. If you no longer can find High Sierra from the Mac store. Type into google search bar.

HT208969>> How to upgrade to MacOS HighSierra.>> Then go scroll to number 4, and click on get High Sierra link.

Back