Contribute
Register

Installation stuck on the grey apple logo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that I have resolved the boot0: error problem but I'm still stuck at boot spinner.
The big problem is that I had launched multibeast one time (after booting with -x) but then all boot get stuck, even from USB with -x.

These are the logs with -x -v :
IMGP1495.JPG

I don't know why the -x don't work anymore while it had worked the first time after installation.
I have also the hard disk LED flashing every 2s when the boot fails.

I am getting much further. I had to use the -x boot option, but it is progressing now. Also, I put the UniBeast USB drive in the back of the computer.

Update: I was able to install Mountain Lion, but after installation, when I rebooted, I needed to use the -x option again. I also have to figure out how to get the sound to work.

There are three people on this thread trying to solve their install problems, you may all have the same symptoms but that does not mean you all have the same problem. It gets very confusing for people trying to help you.

@brothertoad,@dquivilou I suggest you split up into your own threads to get more pertinent help dedicated to your build. Also make sure your build is listed as this is crucial to getting help setting up.

Well guys, I got a little further... I used -x, the installation moved on, but now my keyboard does not respond and I can't enter the username, password etc. stuck again...!:cry: I also tried the -v command and this is what I got... Any other suggestion guys???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 366
I'm using VGA also, I'll try to use DVI or HDMI.

I'll make a new post to resume my current state as you @defbref suggest as soon as possible (this afternoon/europe).

@defbref I'm using HDMI... And you know what? I deactivated the internal graphics card and I can not reactivatd it cause I don't have any image now!!! Dissapointed...!

Well guys, i unstuck my graphics card by reseting the Cmos settings using the jumper on the motherboard... So I reboot using -x with the Mountain lion disk but can not move on to the installation due to not recognising the keyboard anymore... Is it possible for it to be recognised in Chimera and not in the OSX??? Now what??? Also I tried to use a wireless keyboard and mouse... The mouse is working fine but the keyboard not...

Well guys, i unstuck my graphics card by reseting the Cmos settings using the jumper on the motherboard... So I reboot using -x with the Mountain lion disk but can not move on to the installation due to not recognising the keyboard anymore... Is it possible for it to be recognised in Chimera and not in the OSX??? Now what??? Also I tried to use a wireless keyboard and mouse... The mouse is working fine but the keyboard not...

Did you ever figure this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back