Contribute
Register

Installation stuck on Apple Logo loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BreBo, thx and done :)
With space bar I got only the option to "Boot Windows", so I tried Options -> Boot Args and added "-v" at the end.
That seems to work because now I get a ton of Code instead of the apple logo.

This is my setup for the installer:
-New USB Stick: Formated with OS X Extended (Journaled) and GUID Map
-New partition in windows - gpt (exfat)
Unibeast:
-Boot Loader Config: UEFI Boot Mode
-Optional Graphics Config: None

I also made a Google Drive Folder with all setup informations I could get, maybe that will help: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cS8JhmFIkJ4dja9F3eshJXlAGLCUHIVX

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 312
Hi all,

I'm having the same problem. Attempting to boot from my bootable High Sierra thumbdrive freezes almost immediately. I thought I was using the most current versions of High Sierra and Unibeast.

Here is a rundown of the hardware I'm using:

Mobo: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
Graphics: Nothing connected at the moment
Other: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, CORSAIR Hydro Series H55, Corsair Carbide 330R, G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz CL15

In the Bios Setting I was only able to change a few things from the recommended list:
- Load Optimized Defaults
- If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
- Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled

I've attached a pic of the screen I receive in verbose when it freezes. Hopefully this is enough info to get some help. I've been going though the forums but haven't found a solution yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_8650.JPG IMG_8638.JPG

That seems to work because now I get a ton of Code instead of the apple logo.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

For permanent solution check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clover's config.plist
Code:
  <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

In the Bios Setting I was only able to change a few things from the recommended list:
- Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
Are you sure?
Stuck at "mbinit: done [128MB total pool size, (85/42 split]"
Change XHCI Hand-off to Enabled in your BIOS.

Are you sure?
Stuck at "mbinit: done [128MB total pool size, (85/42 split]"
Change XHCI Hand-off to Enabled in your BIOS.

Thank you BreBo! That did the trick, I thought I had it enabled the XHCI Hand-off. But you were right, and I am very thankful. It was smooth sailing after that.

Hey BreBo,
Perhaps you can help me too?:)
My Hackintosh build is also stuck on the Apple Logo and won't go any further - I have tried the ideas you served with the people above, but none have worked - any other ideas to try?
What Photos/media can I upload to show you?

Hey BreBo,
Perhaps you can help me too?:)
My Hackintosh build is also stuck on the Apple Logo and won't go any further - I have tried the ideas you served with the people above, but none have worked - any other ideas to try?
What Photos/media can I upload to show you?
Scrub that - I'm now at the 'Language' screen but have no mouse keyboard controls to go any further!

Hello,
Mono, Gigabyte z370 gaming 7
CPU: I5-9600k
RAM: Gskill trident 7 ddr4 3200
I am also having the same issue not sure what the issue is. The code just stop writing randomly doesn’t even begin to go past the beginning of the bar. Not sure what to do with the build I am kinda stuck. Not sure why it doesn’t work anymore i had it running a year ago and then cleared my hard drive and now i cant get it going again. Help please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 64
Hello everyone, new to this whole process...hoping someone will be able to help me out. Getting stuck on the apple logo when booting from unibeast usb. Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm running a stock Optiplex 9020

Attachments

• 20201211_161132_HDR.jpg
    20201211_161132_HDR.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back