Contribute
Register

Installation stuck @ bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Studio 1558 -OSX 10.9.2
CPU
Intel Core i5 M520 (Gen 1 Arrandale 2.4GHz)
Graphics
Intel Ironlake Accelerated Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a Dell Studio 1558, I am posting this about my installation getting stuck.
I did this at about 1am and gave up. one person tried helping me thinking it was graphics related but it's not. I don't remember now but if it said "DMOS has arrived" or something like that- it indicates a graphics issue, however, I didn't receive any messages like that.
My install keeps hanging, it says:
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
And then something about Bluetooth transport!!! and it stops there. I already disabled virtualization. I will try and get more info when I am home.

I have a Dell Studio 1558, I am posting this about my installation getting stuck.
I did this at about 1am and gave up. one person tried helping me thinking it was graphics related but it's not. I don't remember now but if it said "DMOS has arrived" or something like that- it indicates a graphics issue, however, I didn't receive any messages like that.
My install keeps hanging, it says:
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
And then something about Bluetooth transport!!! and it stops there. I already disabled virtualization. I will try and get more info when I am home.

The error message doesn't actually have anything to do with the bluetooth controller transporter. The error is from the IntelHD kexts.

Boot in safe mode and open a terminal session or if you can't boot even in safe mode, then boot with -s and enter the following commands from the terminal session.

If you're denied permission, type these with sudo; i.e. sudo mount -uw /

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

I don't even have OS X mavericks installed. I am stuck at installation

The error message doesn't actually have anything to do with the bluetooth controller transporter. The error is from the IntelHD kexts.

Boot in safe mode and open a terminal session or if you can't boot even in safe mode, then boot with -s and enter the following commands from the terminal session.

If you're denied permission, type these with sudo; i.e. sudo mount -uw /

Sorry about that. You'll have to provide more info before people can help. Hardware details (graphics, audio chip, anything extra?). Have you been able to run previous OSX versions?

Ghorwith basically had it right but since you haven't made it to the installation yet you will need to do it this way instead
Boot with -s. When you see the prompt "root:":

reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IPGEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 and for the heck of it also use npci=0x3000 keep your fingers crossed if it hangs and doesn't boot the post back with a quality screen shot for further assistance. This is going to mess around with the graphics so you'll have to reinject them later once the installation is complete.

Usual disclaimer applies I didn't break your computer so don't blame me if it doesn't work just trying to help. Be very careful when booting in single user mode one miss typed word can cause the system to return with a panic
Good Luck
Carpentry

Ghorwith basically had it right but since you haven't made it to the installation yet you will need to do it this way instead
Boot with -s. When you see the prompt "root:":

reboot with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IPGEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 and for the heck of it also use npci=0x3000 keep your fingers crossed if it hangs and doesn't boot the post back with a quality screen shot for further assistance. This is going to mess around with the graphics so you'll have to reinject them later once the installation is complete.

Usual disclaimer applies I didn't break your computer so don't blame me if it doesn't work just trying to help. Be very careful when booting in single user mode one miss typed word can cause the system to return with a panic
Good Luck
Carpentry

After doing all the above steps i am still stuck at IOBluetoothHCIController start

Attachments

• IMG_20161124_185948.jpg
    IMG_20161124_185948.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 468
After doing all the above steps i am still stuck at IOBluetoothHCIController start
Holy thread revival
Ok what are you trying to install this thread is for mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back