Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15 cc1xx-F.20-Clover
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I was trying to update to Catalina the other day from Mojave 10.14.6 (which is a successful hackintosh install and I got almost everything working thanks to this website) but when I try to boot from macOS Install partition, it get stuck at the screen whose image I have attached (stuck at apfs_module_start: 1683). If I leave it for a longer period of time, it will show the prohibited logo. The zip file of my EFI folder is also attached herewith. I have not been able to identify the cause of this problem so if anybody can, please suggest a solution and I shall be very grateful to you for the same.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 229
  • update_screen.jpg
    update_screen.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:
Hi, I was trying to update to Catalina the other day from Mojave 10.14.6 (which is a successful hackintosh install and I got almost everything working thanks to this website) but when I try to boot from macOS Install partition, it get stuck at the screen whose image I have attached. If I leave it for a longer period of time, it will show the prohibited logo. The zip file of my EFI folder is also attached herewith. I have not been able to identify the cause of this problem so if anybody can, please suggest a solution and I shall be very grateful to you for the same.
may need the following files from here in ACPI/Patched folder:

Thanks for responding! I will try it out and provide updates when I get time.

Thanks a lot, it worked! I updated without any further issues.

Attachments

• updated.jpeg
    updated.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 500
Thanks a lot, it worked! I updated without any further issues.
What did you actually do here? I followed along and it advised I don't change anything! :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back