Contribute
Register

Installation splash screen: power on touchpad / wireless mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H107N-WiFi
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
(Resolved) Installation splash screen: power on touchpad / wireless mouse?

Edit: resolved!

Hi,

I finally got my ProBook 4540S to boot into the graphical installer! I see my mouse pointer and a gray background, and a big square box in the middle animating between a picture of a touchpad and a wireless mouse, telling me to power them on. There is a message:

To pair a Bluetooth keyboard, turn it on and wait for your computer to connect to it.

What? The mouse cursor is responsive and my keyboard seems to work (CAPSLOCK light goes on/off). I can't proceed with the installation; there is no next button. Please help. Thank you!

cci[RR]us;779499 said:
Hi,

I finally got my ProBook 4540S to boot into the graphical installer! I see my mouse pointer and a gray background, and a big square box in the middle animating between a picture of a touchpad and a wireless mouse, telling me to power them on. There is a message:

To pair a Bluetooth keyboard, turn it on and wait for your computer to connect to it.

What? The mouse cursor is responsive and my keyboard seems to work (CAPSLOCK light goes on/off). I can't proceed with the installation; there is no next button. Please help. Thank you!

in RehabMan's guide, he says just plug in an external USB keyboard and it gets rid of the error. Good luck!

cci[RR]us;779504 said:
Thanks! I must have missed that in his guide! :( Argh, there're no USB keyboards here...

Look at post 1 here: this is the guide RehabMan created, wouldn't have been able to hackintosh mine without it. When you are booted into your installation, look at post 1 here for drivers.

Pressing spacebar will easily passby the screen.

I rebooted and tried my installer again, with the same flags....... and the issue disappeared! Yeah!
Exscuse me, which flags did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back