1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
System specs:
Asus P8Z77 V-LX
OCZ AGILITY 3 120GB
I5 3570k
Asus gtx 660

Hey there, first time posting to the forum. Been using the website as a resource for a while now and it's great, but I can seem to find posts relating to my issue.

So I'm using iBoot for ivy bridge, ahci enabled, partitioned to GUID , and began the os x instillation but about half way through (in some cases just minutes after starting) the pulsating blue status bar freezes along with the whole system. If left idle the computer reboots and I get a bootmgr error saying select a bootable drive . If anyone can shed some light on this issue, it will be greatley appreciated, thanks!

Make sure that you have everything not needed disconnected, USB other than keyboard + mouse, Card readers, etc. Connect only DVD drive and HD and monitor. Sometimes the monitor must be connected with the DVI connector.

Ensure that Snow Leopard install disk is clean and not scratched.

Reformat the disk during the install process - 1 partition, GUID and Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

If your BIOS is set up in accordance with recommended settings, install should complete.

Other problems if present would show up after install and restart with iBoot and install of Multibeast for Snow Leopard.

Just bought the disc today, everything is setup as noted, only keyboard, mouse, ssd, and dvi monitor connected. Retail disc is new. Bought it today.verified and checked the ssd to and it isn't corrupt.....
I'm so confused :(

Just bought the disc today, everything is setup as noted, only keyboard, mouse, ssd, and dvi monitor connected. Retail disc is new. Bought it today.verified and checked the ssd to and it isn't corrupt.....
I'm so confused :(

Do you have a HDD around you can try installing on? You might have a bad SSD.

Just got this ssd as a rma from ocz, so I guess I'll buy and hdd (which I was going to do anyway)

You can check the health of your SSD in OS X by downloading SSD Health (a free App) from Apple Apps Store or for Windows downloading SSDLife (Free trial)

You can check the health of your SSD in OS X by downloading SSD Health (a free App) from Apple Apps Store or for Windows downloading SSDLife (Free trial)

That is fine for the formatted part of te SSD, but does it test the partition table structure of the drive and the partition's protected MBR?

Tried everything so far and no dive, still taking in expert advice. One more thing to note, even though I have all unnecessary devices unplugged, I get an error when going into iBoot Ebios read error 0x31

ISSUE SOLVED!
Turns out just by using my other optical drive, installation went smooth. Thanks for the troubleshooting tips guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back