Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
For some reason I can't install Snow on my new setup. I got the GA-P55A-UD3 MB and the i5 750 processor and Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333mHz, a nVida 9800GT card.

What I have read in this forum is that this is a very common setup and should work fine great. Did the bios changes to ACHI and 64 bit.

Booting up with Tonymacx86 P55 Boot CD and replacing the disc with Snow and hit enter and after 10 sec Kernel Panic? I tried safe mode but no change.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Peder

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
Two things, 1. Are you using a retail Snow Leopard disc? 2. Are you swapping the Tonymac boot CD for the Snow Leopard disc and hit F5, then start installing from the Snow Leopard disc?

thelostswede said:
Two things, 1. Are you using a retail Snow Leopard disc? 2. Are you swapping the Tonymac boot CD for the Snow Leopard disc and hit F5, then start installing from the Snow Leopard disc?
Hej Tiger,

Yes I have a retail SL disc but I don't hit F5, if I do I just get a bunch of error messages, I hit enter to start the installation.

MVH

Peder

pederb said:
thelostswede said:
Hej Tiger,

Yes I have a retail SL disc but I don't hit F5, if I do I just get a bunch of error messages, I hit enter to start the installation.

MVH

Peder

Peder- use 1 CD/DVD drive- and when you get to the Chameleon screen with the Boot CD, swap it for the Retail DVD, then press F5. This is the recommended method.

Ok I will try that again.

Quick question, should run dual channel or single channel memory setting?

Cheers

Dual channel will work fine so long as you don't have more than 4 GB total during installation (you can have more than 4 later).

adamsmasher said:
Dual channel will work fine so long as you don't have more than 4 GB total during installation (you can have more than 4 later).

Cool, Thxs

Peder

Tried all again but still gets Kernel Panic after 10 sec.

See images order is back wards

Please help

Peder

Attachments

• peders 019.JPG
    peders 019.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
  • peders 020.JPG
    peders 020.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
  • peders 021.JPG
    peders 021.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
I think you need to start with a fresh hard drive and use the newest nvidia iBoot. ;)

tonymacx86 said:
I think you need to start with a fresh hard drive and use the newest nvidia iBoot. ;)

Ok I think I got it downloaded yesterday, I will try that.

Cheers

Peder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back