Contribute
Register

Installation Probs

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
For some reason I can't install Snow on my new setup. I got the GA-P55A-UD3 MB and the i5 750 processor and Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333mHz, a nVida 9800GT card.

What I have read in this forum is that this is a very common setup and should work fine great. Did the bios changes to ACHI and 64 bit.

Booting up with Tonymacx86 P55 Boot CD and replacing the disc with Snow and hit enter and after 10 sec Kernel Panic? I tried safe mode but no change.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Peder

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
Two things, 1. Are you using a retail Snow Leopard disc? 2. Are you swapping the Tonymac boot CD for the Snow Leopard disc and hit F5, then start installing from the Snow Leopard disc?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
thelostswede said:
Two things, 1. Are you using a retail Snow Leopard disc? 2. Are you swapping the Tonymac boot CD for the Snow Leopard disc and hit F5, then start installing from the Snow Leopard disc?
Hej Tiger,

Yes I have a retail SL disc but I don't hit F5, if I do I just get a bunch of error messages, I hit enter to start the installation.

MVH

Peder

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
pederb said:
thelostswede said:
Hej Tiger,

Yes I have a retail SL disc but I don't hit F5, if I do I just get a bunch of error messages, I hit enter to start the installation.

MVH

Peder
Peder- use 1 CD/DVD drive- and when you get to the Chameleon screen with the Boot CD, swap it for the Retail DVD, then press F5. This is the recommended method.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok I will try that again.

Quick question, should run dual channel or single channel memory setting?

Cheers

adamsmasher

Data Destroyer
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-P
CPU
i5 10400
Graphics
AMD 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Dual channel will work fine so long as you don't have more than 4 GB total during installation (you can have more than 4 later).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
adamsmasher said:
Dual channel will work fine so long as you don't have more than 4 GB total during installation (you can have more than 4 later).
Cool, Thxs

Peder

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
tonymacx86 said:
I think you need to start with a fresh hard drive and use the newest nvidia iBoot. ;)
Ok I think I got it downloaded yesterday, I will try that.

Cheers

Peder