HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi -

I'm a first time poster hoping that someone out there can solve a problem that's driving me nuts!

I built my first CustoMac in April, and after following the fantastic advice here, was amazed how straightforward it was to get up and running. The pride I had in the speed and power of the machine led me to make many boasts. I'm now left making excuses whenever asked about how I'm getting on with it after a stalled reinstall.

About three weeks ago, I screwed up by installing an update from the App Store, which led me to a panicked install of the wrong kexts and then an attempt at a fresh install.

After installing from Unibeast 2.0.1, I try to boot from the hard drive but get stuck at the white screen with the spinning wheel of lines. In verbose mode, the last few lines read:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

I've stripped it down so there are the bare minimum of devices connected to avoid conflicts, and tried both HDMI and VGA connectors to the display.

Specs (taken straight from buying advice here):
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA B75M D3P
CPU - i5 3570K
RAM - 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD
Seagate 3TB HD

Please help - I refuse to revert to Windows! :banghead:

- Andy

Hi -

Thanks for your reply. I've just come back from holiday, and have gone through your suggestions, but still am in the dark. I'm very much a newbie to this, and need a clearer step by step. I have pared the system down to its barest essentials, and previously I had no trouble at all with installation.

Solved - shouldn't have panicked. I completed the install in safe boot -x, then installed Multibeast, and all seems to be working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back