Contribute
Register

Installation part two fails in a loop when installing from Clover (Can't get past second install)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 (Clover)
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500, 2560x1440
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been following the booting from clover guide, and the installation isn't working. I boot the install macos from the install_osx (the USB), partition my drive [i call it HighSierra-- SSD on the laptop], and install. This part works fine--it installs and restarts the computer. When I boot the new clover entry for the second half of the install, it loads, shows a progress bar and begins, then shuts down [see image].

When I boot up clover again, the second entry may or may not be there, sometimes it is, sometimes I have to do the partition/initial install again to get to the second part. This repeats in a loop.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 (2015)
Boot Args: -v

(Note I did not disable APFS conversion -- the terminal commands didn't work when I followed the instructions, but I was advised that the installation would work without it)

Attached: Verbose screenshot, and EFI/Clover in a .zip format.

Attachments

• screenshoterror.jpg
    screenshoterror.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 99
  • EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
I have been following the booting from clover guide, and the installation isn't working. I boot the install macos from the install_osx (the USB), partition my drive [i call it HighSierra-- SSD on the laptop], and install. This part works fine--it installs and restarts the computer. When I boot the new clover entry for the second half of the install, it loads, shows a progress bar and begins, then shuts down [see image].

When I boot up clover again, the second entry may or may not be there, sometimes it is, sometimes I have to do the partition/initial install again to get to the second part. This repeats in a loop.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 (2015)
Boot Args: -v

(Note I did not disable APFS conversion -- the terminal commands didn't work when I followed the instructions, but I was advised that the installation would work without it)

Attached: Verbose screenshot, and EFI/Clover in a .zip format.

Your profile does not have adequate (maybe not accurate either) laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your profile does not have adequate (maybe not accurate either) laptop hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I did fill out my profile while checking with the FAQ. What's missing?

Please provide complete details in your profile. Do not use the signature. You can use the signature for other systems (eg. a desktop) which you're not asking for assistance within the laptop forums.

To edit your profile: https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

The profile has 3 fields which are visible with each post you make. The three fields should be filled out as follows:
Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

I did fill out my profile while checking with the FAQ. What's missing?

Please provide complete details in your profile. Do not use the signature. You can use the signature for other systems (eg. a desktop) which you're not asking for assistance within the laptop forums.

To edit your profile: https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

The profile has 3 fields which are visible with each post you make. The three fields should be filled out as follows:
Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

"HP- 802D" is not an indication of your laptop model. Please fix as per FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back