Contribute
Register

Installation on Gigabyte's Z490 Aorus Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never share any EFI folders. Was never a fan of it but you can build your own one if you follow the guidelines.

Your hack works fine today S1lla? Are you solved the issues? OC 0.6.3?

Thank You

@S1lla
what abot ethernet card? I have Intel 1225-V in PCI devices, but driver is not loaded :(
The driver needs to be enabled under the Devices/Properties section. I have tried it and it works in Catalina. In addition you need to make sure (if you're using OC) that it gets added to the config.plist (use Propertree's Snapshot feature to do this). Also rename your ROM value using the Intel card's MAC value (without the colons). If you have Windows or Linux you can get this value from the ethernet card's MAC address properties.

just in case, there is a firmware update for the lan on aorus page, go to the board download section and download the firmware

but it needs to be apply using windows

it fixes some issues with the lan

i’m sure after updating the firmware the lan will work much better on mac os too

my board arrives monday, i was going for the z590 but i couldn’t risk the board not working for hackintosh, maybe it will still work if i use a 10th gen cpu like the 10900k but i played safe and bought what is currently supported, i really wanted the z590 with a 11900k but i ordered a z490 with a 10900k

the good thing about the 10900k is that it has intel 630 graphics that way i don’t have to buy an amd card and i can use my 3090 for windows

i will have to find a way to disable the 3090 on mac os via bios or ssdt

who knows maybe in a few months after the gpu high demand stabilze i will buy an aorus amd card for mac os

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back