Register

Installation on Gigabyte's Z490 Aorus Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir are a GENIUS!

1590432271794.png

Thanks for the advice, I made the change:

Screenshot at May 25 16-03-28.png

I fixed the power management, XCPM, please put the file into the ACPI folder and load it in config.plist

Does this look correct? (I replaced SSDT-PLUG with SSDT-PLUG-XCMP you provided)

1590444575166.png

Here's how it looks now:

Screenshot at May 25 19-25-01.png

Nice work! If memory serves I believe this means power management is working: (X86PlatformPlugin loaded)

1590456263568.png

1590456359510.png

Just one of the 4 digit numbers goes in or the whole string the way you wrote it? (with the word preferred)

If it matters I have the i9 10900K

I have built EFI for now. You can refer to my EFI. Let's wait for apple to support an Intel 10th processor.

Thank you for this, but the config.pflist is just blank…!?

Please use OpenCore Configurator or ProperTree to open config.plist. I have downloaded and checked it again, config.pflist is not blank

Do I need to copy the files in ACPI, Drivers and Kext in the order ACPI/patched, Drivers/UEFi and Kexts/10.15 or can I just copy your EFI to USB-Install? Or should I just use your EFI so as it is acutally?

Last edited:
I just got my Z490 Aorus Master and i7-10700K, created bootable USB stick, following OpenCore guide and place the EFI to the EFI of the USB stick. Change BIOS setting as stated, boot into USB stick.

Format disk, and then install Catalina. However, upon 1st restart and getting into the Mac installer, I'm getting the error "the macOS installation couldn't be completed".

The attachment is the error log i saved.
Could anyone help me on this?
I am not sure how to resolve this, tried finding solution online but found nothing =/
have stuck here for 2 days ...

Update:
I manage to got it working, during installation process at the first reboot, i will need to mount the EFI folder in the USB stick, and open config.plist, then add -wegnoegpu to boot-arg so that it can pass through the error. then at second reboot, need to remove -wegnoegpu from boot-arg to continue the setup.

Attachments

• Installer Log 19-Jun-2020.txt
    125.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Hey everyone,

so for sure I ran to the same issues as everyone however I tried to work around it by all possible ways. this is my new built:

i7 10700k
Z490 Arous Master
32 GB Corsair domination platinum RGB rams
250GB M.2 NVME
XFX R590 Fatboy
apple wifi card

the system is running stable using open core, however I prefer Clover. I can not inject kext using open core and I have a 20 seconds black screen in the middle of booting (apple logo, black screen, apple logo then long in screen)

if there is a way to inject kext please let me know, or a way to run it with Clover instead that will be even better.

I tried to mix and match the open core config and other file with clover but always get stuck
Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 10.03.26 AM.png
IMG_4784.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back