Contribute
Register

Installation on Gigabyte's Z490 Aorus Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get into any installation, no matter if it is clean install or on an pre-installed hard disk.

FakeCPU IDs do not help either...

No matter which boot loader...

Please post the error that you get. Is there a kernel panic? Does it hang somewhere?

Just telling us the things that you tried that didn't work is only marginally helpful.

@scope666 Seems like you ignored my posts. You will fail, the problem is somewhere in the kernel.
For debugging its necessary to debug it via serial port since over the boot loader some important stuff is missing.

I am a expert in Hackintoshing, its not an configuration fault or something...
however have fun starring at +++++++++++++ after the kernel dies.

Last edited:
There are issues which even I can't solve at the moment.
Interesting. How did you get an Intel Z490 to test seven days ago ?

For debugging its necessary to debug it via serial port since over the boot loader some important stuff is missing.

I am a expert in Hackintoshing, its not an configuration fault or something...
however have fun starring at +++++++++++++ after the kernel dies.

Are you by any chance using 32 GB DIMM modules?

FYI, for those who have this hardware already. There's some good info that just showed up today at another site (the one that starts with the letter R).

Unfortunately, the news is not so good. The poster, dracoflar, reports that booting has so far only been possible by faking Penryn. Wow, that's going way back! Perhaps somebody here would like to dig into the Russian-language thread that's cited as a source.

I remember many years ago a new CPU came out, and I worked on it by compiling a custom xnu. Does anybody still do this? My googling came up with one result having to do with the Catalina kernel (apparently the source code was released in February), but that person wasn't quite able to get it compiled.

@kylec nothing I would not now and performance is just awful with Penryn... I mean if the guy is happy with the results OK but I don't call such stuff success or good news.Since just for clarification, you can only boot it via qemu and as soon you try to do it the usual way you also fail. I could report that nearly 2 weeks ago but I didn't done that because it's nothing someone can be happy with.

@trs96 Hardware was send from manufacturers for reviews.

Last edited:
Reporting back. My existing Z270 based install does NOT boot on the Z490, it hangs pretty early in the boot process. Guessing some changes will be necessary.

@S1lla, there are other people here too.

Doesnt change anything said by me.
Also the user who wrote about it wasn't the guy who actually did the tests.
If you follow the Russian link in the r post you see who did it.

@scope666 And it will not be possible to boot until we know what's going on via serial card debugging.
Even then it depends maybe on the boot loader developers if they can fix the issue or not.
To successfully debug you have to use an fakecpu id since A5 is not in the kernel.

Edit: Success

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-24 um 14.48.49.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-05-24 um 14.52.42.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-05-24 um 14.57.09.png

Last edited:
@S1lla Hi : Can you guide me how to install?
My spec
CPU: i5-10400
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z490 UD
GPU: RX 5700 XT

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back