Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Already working on it.

IMG_20200512_071049.jpgIMG_20200512_071100.jpg

Yes sir, 10900K.
Well I will be rooting for a good outcome for you. I just switched to OpenCore Catalina with my Z390 Maximus Xi Extreme and have my Thunderbolt AIC and Apolo Mkii quad all recognized and stable. If the Z490 is a easy launch setup for Hackintosh and that 10core has a nice bump in performance, I think a will join the hype train.

Just preordered a 10900K and the Gigabyte Z490i.
Gonna try to update my hackintosh in my Ncase M1 with that combo.
I might need to undervolt it a bit hehe.
Much luck for your upgrade. Looking forward to hearing the scoop on Z490!

@Benlehot you won't be successful! There are issues which even I can't solve at the moment.

You won't get into any installation, no matter if it is clean install or on an pre-installed hard disk.

FakeCPU IDs do not help either...

No matter which boot loader...

Last edited:
You won't get into any installation, no matter if it is clean install or on an pre-installed hard disk.

FakeCPU IDs do not help either...

No matter which boot loader...
Uhh oh. Bummer as I was really hoping to purchase a Gigabyte Z490 motherboard for my new build. Think I'm going to hold off for a couple of months to see what, if any, progress there is on this chipset. I suppose my existing 4770k build can hold on until then.

Thank you for looking into this for us already!

Last edited:
My Strix Z490-E motherboard is out for delivery. Already have the 10900K. (long story). Once it's up and running, I'll see if I can get my existing Mojave install running. (it's on it's own SSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back