Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys I was hoping someone out there could help me out with the mountain lion installation on my hp. I set up mountain lion with unibeast and it installed successfuly, when I pick the usb choice when booting from my flash drive I get the silver apple screen and then i see "You need to restart your computer, Hold down the power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again". Does anyone know what I could do to try and get this to go away and continue with my installation? I tried a couple troubleshooting steps that are on the basic installation guide but cant seem to figure this out.MY LAPtop is an HP Pavilion DV7 6185 us with the following specifications.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...foCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5128863

I would really appreciate any feedback. Thank you

I have successfully installed ML on HP Pavillion DV7 3186. Mine is a core i5 I assume your processor is different. To bypass the first panic screen, use the switch cpus=1 on boot screen. You may also need to set PCIRootUID=0 on same screen to avoid hanging on a black screen later on. This is from my experience, but then again there is a little hardware difference between my laptop and yours.

im gonna give it a shot, il let you know what happens. I tried Cpus=1 before and it got me past the kernel error, local apic error, but then i did get the blackscreen. Hopefully i can get past that this time.

Didnt work, does anyone else know anything that I could try?

I have a system very similar to yours: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC Intel Core i7-2670QM CPU @2.2GHz. 4 GB memory. Intel SandyBridge Mobile Graphics chipset. I cannot reach the Installation screen. This is a screen shot of where I fail. Can you offer any advice?

FullSizeRender.jpg

Thanks RehabMan, I've been following the guide, but it seems that no matter which boot options I try, I get the same result. I thought it was "Local APIC" (lapic) panic, as shown in the screen shot, but I also see an error "Kernel-_SYMTAB" not a kext. Could that be the real reason it bombs?

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Thanks RehabMan, I've been following the guide, but it seems that no matter which boot options I try, I get the same result. I thought it was "Local APIC" (lapic) panic, as shown in the screen shot, but I also see an error "Kernel-_SYMTAB" not a kext. Could that be the real reason it bombs?

View attachment 114983

You should read carefully. You should not get "Local APIC" if you use cpus=1 kernel flag.

Note: You could also install the KernelPatcher module (Chameleon Wizard) to your USB. Or you could use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

The "not a kext" thing is normal.

Please fill out your profile as described in the previously linked guide.

Sorry, I though my profile signature was filled out. I have been using cpus=1, but still get the "Local APIC" (lapic) panic. The boot shown in the screen shot had: cpus=1, USBBusFix=Yes, -f -v boot options.
I will try the
KernelPatcher module or Clover. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back