Contribute
Register

Installation of 10.14.4 Update Causes KP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the latest build of Whatevergreen that includes the latest commit fixing KabyLake headless iGPU kernel panics.
Working great here, thanks!! Just a question, how do you test acceleration? I see metal working on hackintool, but I was getting some kernel panics on FCP with inject intel on, so I want to double-check everything is perfect again.

Working great here, thanks!! Just a question, how do you test acceleration? I see metal working on hackintool, but I was getting some kernel panics on FCP with inject intel on, so I want to double-check everything is perfect again.

There's a couple of ways I test whether the connectorless gpu configuration is working:
1) Play a HEVC file in Photos app while watching Intel Power Gadget
2) https://github.com/cylonbrain/VDADecoderCheck
❯ /Applications/VDADecoderChecker
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

3) VideoProc video converter - options menu as in attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 3.59.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 3.59.09 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
There's a couple of ways I test whether the connectorless gpu configuration is working:
1) Play a HEVC file in Photos app while watching Intel Power Gadget
2) https://github.com/cylonbrain/VDADecoderCheck
❯ /Applications/VDADecoderChecker
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen95
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

3) VideoProc video converter - options menu as in attached screenshot
Thanks for this. I was actually wondering the same thing for myself.

Aside from that, fixed my issue using Inject Intel and removing everything from Devices in the config.plist. Will keep an eye on the Whatevergreen commits to see if a fix for CoffeeLake headless iGPUs is implemented.

Here's the latest build of Whatevergreen that includes the latest commit fixing KabyLake headless iGPU kernel panics.

Can confirm I can boot without inject Intel enabled with this build.

Still can’t boot past IGFX issue on HD530 of i5 6500. Was working great on 10.14.3 but failed after 10.14.4.
Changing IG from 19120000 to 19120006 can boot up without recognising IGPU, as a temporary measure, but only getting 7MB video ram with some artefacts.

WEG 1.2.8 didn’t seem to make a difference.

WEG 1.2.8 didn’t seem to make a difference.

That's because 1.2.8 contains fixes for Kaby Lake CPUs -- you do not have a Kaby Lake CPU, and have a different issue going on. You'll need to grab some diagnostic information like panic logs to have anything to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back