CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to install mac OS Catalina on my Dell Inspiron 7558 (06BE) Laptop with these specifications. (Intel Core i7-5500U 2.40 GHz, Dell 0KJPGP Motherboard, 8GB of Kingston DDR3 Synchrounus 1600 MHz RAM, Broadwell-U Audio Controller, Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Intel Wireless 7265, Toshiba MQ02ABF1 ATA Disk. This is my EFI folder. When I try to boot from the USB which I created using the createinstallmedia method. When I boot from it, it will load the clover bootloader, but when I click to start the Catalina install it just shows the apple logo and the loading bar and never ends. (I left it on all night, and it just stayed with a full bar and never changed. I am not the best at Mac OS stuff, and I probably missed something simple, but I can't figure out what. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 5F1CCA6F-8EB7-4741-80F5-4DCDB93DF91B.jpeg
    5F1CCA6F-8EB7-4741-80F5-4DCDB93DF91B.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 41
I am trying to install mac OS Catalina on my Dell Inspiron 7558 (06BE) Laptop with these specifications. (Intel Core i7-5500U 2.40 GHz, Dell 0KJPGP Motherboard, 8GB of Kingston DDR3 Synchrounus 1600 MHz RAM, Broadwell-U Audio Controller, Intel HD 5500 Graphics, Intel Wireless 7265, Toshiba MQ02ABF1 ATA Disk. This is my EFI folder. When I try to boot from the USB which I created using the createinstallmedia method. When I boot from it, it will load the clover bootloader, but when I click to start the Catalina install it just shows the apple logo and the loading bar and never ends. (I left it on all night, and it just stayed with a full bar and never changed. I am not the best at Mac OS stuff, and I probably missed something simple, but I can't figure out what. Thanks in advance.
unibeast is for desktops

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

I have tried to re create the EFI folder correctly and now it doesn't even show up in the boot menu. Please Help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 46
Hi, I made some changes to suit your hardware based on Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide. I'm not an expert, hope it helps!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 48
I have tried to re create the EFI folder correctly and now it doesn't even show up in the boot menu. Please Help.
using a desktop smbios is not correct

there is a guide here:

Using the EFI folder provided from @anderson_cspba it now will boot to mac OS install screen with extreme graphical errors (I can't even get past the install screen because of it) that I'm guessing is being caused by the Intel 5500 HD Graphics. Do you have any idea how to fix it or any kernel extensions that will fix this? Thanks.

Using the EFI folder provided from @anderson_cspba it now will boot to mac OS install screen with extreme graphical errors (I can't even get past the install screen because of it) that I'm guessing is being caused by the Intel 5500 HD Graphics. Do you have any idea how to fix it or any kernel extensions that will fix this? Thanks.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

I have changed my profile to include the laptop I am currently working on.

I have changed my profile to include the laptop I am currently working on.
laptop guide is here:

I used that guide and still had extreme graphical errors. Is there a driver I can load at boot to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back